IT Security Information
Definition: Information that is generated as a result of automated or manual processes that are intended to safeguard the university's IT resources.
Governing Authority: Ohio University Information Security Policy 91.005
Responsible Operating Unit: Information Security Office
Examples: Include but are not limited to: IT security program plans, IT security incident information, access and authentication logs, firewall rules, settings, configurations, reports, log data, and other information that supports IT security operations.
Acceptable IT Services & Tools:
- Please consult the Information Security Office.
- OnBase - With OIT consultation.
- OneDrive/O365 Groups - With OIT consultation and Group setup according to the Storing Sensitive Data within OneDrive Standard.
- NAS departmental shared storage (shared.ohio.edu) - With OIT consultation.
- NAS individual home storage (home.ohio.edu) - With OIT consultation.
Not Permitted IT Services & Tools:
- OneDrive/O365 individual accounts
- Personal cloud accounts
- Personal/Non-University owned devices
If you don't see the IT service or tool listed that you wish to use to store data classified as medium or high sensitivity, contact Information Security to determine if it's appropriate for your data type.