Everfi/Lawroom is the vendor providing the course content to the university. You will receive an email that shows the sender as: Ohio University <firstname.lastname@example.org>. This is a legitimate email; it is not spam, and it is not a phishing attempt. The e-mail subject line reads: Ohio University IT Security Training. When you open the e-mail, you will see a blue horizontal bar that says Required Training followed by a due date. At the end of the email, you will see a dark blue box labeled BEGIN TRAINING which is the link that will take you to the online module. The training can also be accessed from the Online IT Security Training web page.
Online IT Security Training
Online, self-paced, information security training course.
- Short interactive videos with accompanying quizzes.
- Training is self-paced. You can stop the training and pick back up where you left off later.
- Topics covered include data protection best practices, social engineering, phishing, privacy, and introductions to data regulations such as FERPA, HIPAA, and PCI-DSS.
- Takes approximately one hour to complete.
- Once finished, you'll receive a certificate of completion you should download and save for your records.
How to Request
Training is available for students, faculty, and staff. In order to sign up, email email@example.com with the names and email addresses of the individuals who should be enrolled in training.