Student Loan Application Information
Definition: Personal financial information held by financial institutions and higher education organizations as related to student loan and financial aid applications.
Governing Authority: Gramm Leach Bliley Act (GLBA)
Responsible Operating Unit: Student Financial Aid, Bursar's Office
Examples: Student loan information, student financial aid and grant information, payment history.
Acceptable IT Services & Tools:
- NAS departmental shared storage (shared.ohio.edu) - OIT consultation required to ensure data is encrypted at rest.
- NAS individual home storage (home.ohio.edu) - OIT consultation required to ensure data is encrypted at rest.
- OnBase - With OIT consultation.
- OneDrive/O365 Groups - Only with OIT consultation and Group setup according to the Storing Sensitive Data within OneDrive Standard.
Not Permitted IT Services & Tools:
- OneDrive/O365 individual accounts
- Personal cloud accounts
- Personal/Non-University owned devices
If you don't see the IT service or tool listed that you wish to use to store data classified as medium or high sensitivity, contact Information Security to determine if it's appropriate for your data type.