Travel Services program launches on April 1
As of 8:00 AM on Monday, April 1, Christopherson Business Travel (CBT) is the University’s preferred travel management company. This change comes with an updated travel policy, detailed individual travel and group travel procedures and an improved booking experience in Concur.
Policy and Procedure Highlights
The new OHIO Travel policy was approved in March 2019 and will be effective April 1, 2019. The policy website update is in progress and in the interim. Below is an overview of the major changes to policy. Please refer to the policy, procedures and training for more details.
- Procedures were removed from the policy and will be maintained on the travel web pages and in detailed procedures documents.
- OHIO Travel (flights, hotels, rental cars) must be booked through the preferred travel provider, CBT, unless an exception is obtained before booking travel. Travel can be booked through Concur or by calling CBT for agent assisted travel. The following scenarios can be booked outside of Concur/CBT:
- Conference Hotels can be booked directly with hotel/conference registration site.
- Non-Traditional Lodging Options not available through CBT/Concur.
- University dorms (domestic and international) and any vendors on the pre-approved list may be booked directly with the establishment.
- Other non-traditional lodging, such as hostels, field stations, and campgrounds must be approved by your planning unit (CFAO or designee) utilizing the Lodging Safety Questionnaire prior to booking.
- Rental Cars: Enterprise and National can be booked either through CBT/Concur or through the OHIO Enterprise and National portal, or directly with the vendor.
- If booking with Enterprise or National outside of CBT/Concur, the OHIO business account number must be provided to ensure it is billed properly and the proper insurance is applied.
- Domestic rental cars from companies other than Enterprise or National and all international rental cars require the additional insurance to be purchased.
- Meal reimbursement will be based on per diem, and will be reimbursed after travel. University PCards and travel cards cannot be used for purchasing individual meals.
- Per Diem reimbursement for same-day travel is still unallowable under University policy and is prohibited under IRS rules.
- When booking international travel, the University must abide by all Federal travel guidelines, restrictions, and requirements.
Training and Support Resources
Open Labs and Information Sessions will be held during the first two weeks of April.
- Register for Information Sessions
- These sessions will review the changes related to University business travel, introduce CBT and provide a live walkthrough of the Concur travel booking process.
- Register for an Open Lab
- Finance staff will be on-hand to help individual’s book actual travel, live in Concur.
- Walk-ins are welcome but these sessions will be on a first-come, first-serve basis due to room occupancy limitations.
- Laptops will not be necessary as these will be held in the WUSOC 175 computer lab.
The following e-learn courses are available to guide users through the travel process:
The following training course will be available in the coming weeks:
- Booking Group Travel
Visit the travel web pages for a variety of reference and support materials to guide users through the transition.
- Individual Travel Procedures
- Group Travel and Event Planning Procedures
- Christopherson Business Travel Details
- Travel Quick Reference Guides
- Travel FAQs
How to contact CBT
For travel booking assistance or questions, contact CBT by phone or email. They will be available 24/7.
- Phone: 866.266.8806
- Email: email@example.com
Please direct comments or questions to Finance Customer Care at 740.597.6446 or firstname.lastname@example.org