University Business Rentals
Ohio University, along with the Inter-University Council of Ohio, has entered into a vehicle rental contract with Enterprise/National for business rentals.
- Drivers renting a vehicle for University business for local use and out of state travel are required to rent from Enterprise/National which includes liability and collision damage waivers. At the time of pickup, please initial to accept these coverages.
- When reserving via telephone or in person, please reference the Ohio University business account number [PDF] (OHIO ID and password required to access link).
- When renting inside the US and Puerto Rico, renters using the OU contract must decline the optional insurance as it is included in the negotiated rate.
- When renting outside the US or Puerto Rico, accept the optional insurance.
- In the event service from Enterprise/National is not available, renters must purchase the optional insurance made available through the other rental company.
- Enterprise allows authorized drivers age 18 and over under the Ohio business policy. All drivers must be either Ohio faculty or staff, an Ohio student, or a guest on university business.
- Fifteen (15) passenger van rentals are prohibited under the contract.
- One-way vehicle rentals are available but may include an additional fee.
- Fuel is not included in the rental rate.
- Rentals include unlimited mileage and there is no additional charge for additional drivers in each vehicle.
- The minimum age for rentals from Enterprise and National Car Rental is 18 years of age; the minimum rental age for Enterprise Truck Rental is 21 years of age.
- Rental reservations are made via telephone, in person, or online through the Enterprise/National portal. Twelve (12) passenger van rentals must be reserved directly with the branch.
- A credit card in the name of the renter is required for all Enterprise/National rentals.
- It is the renter's responsibility to obtain a receipt for the charges.
- Ohio faculty and staff are eligible to become an member at no charge to receive additional benefits.
- Bypass the counter and go directly to the Emerald Club Aisle at more than 50 major airports in the US and Canada.
- Choose your own car from the Emerald Club aisle.
- Speed up returns with an e-receipt emailed directly to you
- You will be automatically covered by the IUC vehicle rental contract.
The Enterprise/National contract extends to personal rentals by Ohio University faculty, staff, and retirees.
- When reserving via telephone or in person, please reference the Ohio University personal rental account number [PDF] (OHIO ID and password required to access link).
- Neither Enterprise nor National Car Rental include insurance.
- Drivers age 21 and older are eligible to rent vehicles from both Enterprise and National. Renters are subject to additional fees for drivers age 21-25.