Master's in Coaching Education Online
Program Code: MS8160
What the program offers you
The online Master's of Coaching Education program curriculum focuses on areas of coaching that directly impact athletic performance and is built around the national standards for sports coaches based on the primary functions, key responsibilities, and roles that sports coaches fulfill. As a result, our graduates are equipped with the technical and leadership skills important to maximize team performance and ensure a lasting coaching career.
- Ranked #1 as Best Online Master's in Physical Education 2023
- Fully online (Ohio University also offers this program on campus)
- Flexible curriculum designed for busy professionals
- 30 credit hours - 10 courses including 2 electives chosen by the program coordinator.
- Finish program in under two years (five semesters)
- Curriculum built around national standards for sports coaches
- Affordably priced (all tuition and fee information is maintained by the Office of the Bursar - look for eCampus tuition)
- Scholarships are available to OHIO Alumni, Military Veterans, and employees from one of our Corporate Partners
- Taught By Coaching Experts - The faculty consists of internationally recognized coaches and coaching scholars with many years of experience coaching a range of sports at the community, school, and professional levels.
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75.
- Minimum of three years of experience coaching.
- Official copy of transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Resume or CV with educational background, work, and coaching experience.
- A two-page typed essay that includes information about your background and prior experience, your professional purpose and career goals, and how the Coaching Education program can help you to fulfill your goals.
- Three letters of recommendation using the form provided by the Graduate College. At least one reference must be from someone who can attest to your qualifications in your chosen field and at least one must be from an academic faculty member who can support your ability to produce successful academic work at the graduate level. Please be certain to identify your intended concentration before giving the form to the person providing the reference.
- $50 non-refundable application fee. Apply for spring semester by December 1 to be considered for the OHIO Online Incentive Scholarship. The application will remain open until December 19.
- No GRE is required (unless your bachelor's degree was awarded by an institution that is not regionally accredited).
What Graduates Have to Say
"This program, it gives you the tools. It’s not just sport-specific, it’s really an all-around encompassing program that dives deep into everything that coaches have to do...And it gives you the tools that you didn’t think you needed until you were thrown into it." - Ali Johnstone 2023
Want to Learn More?
For more information, contact onlineMCE@ohio.edu.