Master's in Soccer Coaching Education Online
Program Code: MS8163
What the program offers you
Our faculty work with our students to instill the coaching qualities needed for successful leadership.
A leading curriculum
- Flexible curriculum designed for busy professionals
- 30 hours of coursework
- 9 three-credit online classes and 1 three-credit hour residency course
- Residency at the United Soccer Coaches Convention (January)
- Finish your program of study in five semesters
- Affordably priced
- Curriculum built around national standards for soccer coaches
- Taught by soccer coaching education experts - All faculty have extensive playing, coaching, and coaching education backgrounds and are content specialists in the courses they teach
- Bachelor's degree with a minimum GPA of 2.75.
- Minimum of three years of experience coaching soccer.
- Official copy of transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended
- Resume or CV with educational background, work and soccer coaching experience.
- A two-page autobiography that includes information about your background and prior experience, your professional purpose and career goals, and how the Soccer Coaching Education program can help you to fulfill your goals.
- Three letters of recommendation using the form provided by the Graduate College. At least one reference must be from someone who can attest to your qualifications in your chosen field and at least one must be from an faculty member who can support your ability to produce successful academic work at the graduate level.
- $50 non-refundable application fee
- No GRE is required (unless your bachelor's degree was awarded by an institution that is not regionally accredited)
Opportunities to build your coaching
- Video analysis of your coaching performance
- Reflective practice on your coaching
- Increase your administrative tools
- Improve your planning and organization
Enriched coaching community
- Online sharing of practices within your coaching cohort
- Network with coaches from around the world
What A Graduate Has to Say
“A couple of years ago I realized I needed to be better prepared for the goals I had in mind, and a master’s degree was a crucial part of that process. Ohio University allowed me to get that degree while learning specifically about my field – soccer! I thoroughly enjoyed being a part of this program, and even though it was fully online, the support network you will find through colleagues and professors is exceptional. Achieving this degree was an extremely important milestone in my life, and I will be forever grateful for this opportunity.”
- Mario Zuniga-Gil, Class of 2022, United Soccer Coaches 30 Under 30 Award Recipient
Want to learn more?
For more information, contact onlineMCE@ohio.edu.