Master's in Soccer Coaching Education Online
Program Code: MS8163
What the program offers you
The only sport-specific master’s degree that instills the coaching qualities needed for successful leadership.
Beginning with the 2021-2022 academic year, this program admits new students during spring and summer semesters only. If you would prefer to start in the fall term, please consider the Master's in Coaching Education online program.
A leading curriculum
- Unique format - 30 hours of online instruction including two five-day in-person residencies (the residencies may be experienced virtually by students who reside outside of the United States)
- Nine 3-credit online classes and 2 residencies totaling 3 credit hours
- Students take one class at a time - creating a manageable workload for busy coaches
- Two in-person 5-day residencies at Ohio University (June) and at the United Soccer Coaches Convention (January)
- Finish your program of study in five semesters (18-20 months)
- Affordably priced
- For more information about the program, check out the brochure and watch a recording of a recent information session
|Program of Study||Credit Hrs.|
|COED 6100 Coaching Workshops I||1|
|COED 6101 Coaching Workshop II||2|
|COED 6140 Psychology of Coaching||3|
|COED 6150 Injury Prevention & Risk Management||3|
|COED 6170 Ethics & Diversity in Athletic Coaching||3|
|COED 6210 Coaching Soccer: The Beautiful Game||3|
|COED 6220 Concepts of Soccer Player Development||3|
|COED 6270 Advanced Soccer Player Development||3|
|COED 6280 Leadership & Team Dynamics in Soccer||3|
|COED 6300 Training & Conditioning for Soccer Coaches||3|
|COED 6330 Analysis of Sport Performance for Coaches||3|
Application Requirements & Instructions
- A bachelor's degree with a minimum undergraduate grade point average of 2.75 for unconditional admission.
- Minimum of three years of experience coaching.
- An official copy of transcripts from each post-secondary institution attended.
- Resume or CV with educational background, work, and coaching experience.
- A two-page typed essay that includes information about your background and prior experience, your professional purpose and career goals, and how the Coaching Education program can help you to fulfill your goals.
- Three letters of recommendation using the form provided by the Graduate College. At least one reference must be from someone who can attest to your qualifications in your chosen field and at least one must be from an academic faculty member who can support your ability to produce successful academic work at the graduate level. Please be certain to identify your intended concentration before giving the form to the person providing the reference.
Taught by soccer coaching education experts
- All faculty have extensive playing, coaching, and coaching education backgrounds and are content specialists in the courses they teach
Your coaching under the spotlight
- Video analysis of your coaching performance
- Reflective practice on your coaching
- Increase your administrative tools
- Improve your planning and organization
Enriched coaching community
- Online sharing of practices within your coaching cohort
- Network with coaches from around the world
What Graduates Have to Say
"Ohio University's online master's degree in Soccer Coaching provided me with a comprehensive understanding and the practical tools for the administrative, health/safety, fitness, player development and management requirements of coaching, directing and managing soccer players, teams and programs. I am grateful and indebted for this education and training." - Pete Peterson, Class of 2020
Want to learn more?