CARE Employee Recognition Program
CARE, Celebrating Achievements and Recognizing Excellence, is a formal employee recognition program at the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine for administrative staff, classified staff and faculty.
Peers and students nominate individuals whose performance embodies the college’s mission, vision and values and enhances a culture of collegiality within their office and the greater college community.
Every quarter, the CARE Team will review the nominations and vote for one recipient each from administrative staff, classified staff and faculty to receive the CARE award. The three quarterly award recipients will receive a certificate of award in recognition of their achievements.
- Nominees must be Ohio University employees assigned to the Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine.
- All Heritage College employees and students may nominate one or more individual in each category (administrative staff, classified staff and faculty).
- Nominees should be individuals who have:
- Set a standard of excellence,
- Shown exemplary individual achievement,
- Made a valuable contribution to the college community, and
- Gone above and beyond performing their job.
- Nominations should be submitted using the online form. Once submitted, nominations will be active for the current quarter, and for the next quarter, giving nominees a total of two chances to be selected for the award.
- On the first work day of each quarter, a 5-member committee consisting of at least one person each from administrative staff, classified staff and faculty will review and vote for a recipient in each category.
- Award recipients will receive a certificate of award.
- Awardees will be announced through Heritage College communication channels. Their pictures and a synopsis of their nomination will be posted online.
When submitting your nomination, please answer all questions and explain why your nominee should be recognized by providing a detailed description that highlights specific instances in which the nominee has shown exemplary achievement. Remember, please be specific. The CARE recipient will be selected based on the description provided in the nomination.
For more information about the CARE employee recognition program, contact us at CARE@ohio.edu.