Even though you are away from Alden Library for this semester’s finals, we are here to help! Listed below are available services and resources provided by the Libraries and our campus partners to assist you push through to the end and make it is stress-free as possible!
- University Libraries staff are available on demand via our Live Chat feature from the Libraries’ help page. Also, schedule a consultation with your subject librarian for personal, one-on-one assistance.
- The Allen Advising Center is offering virtual drop-in advising Monday – Friday 9 am – 4 pm. Drop-in advising is available here or you can schedule an appointment online or by calling (740) 566-8888.
- The Academic Achievement Center is offering many study resources for students including study skills coaching, supplemental instruction for select courses, and the student writing center. Remote tutoring is available by appointment or during drop-in hours. For more information, contact the Academic Achievement Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or (740) 593-2644.
- eCAMPUS students can find tutoring through the Student Knowledge Center.
- Regional Campus Student Tutoring
- University Libraries has created a guide to help students adjust to remote learning. It includes information on Online Learning and Staying Mindful while studying at a distance.
- Bobcat Well-Being from campus recreation includes tips and resources, and even well-being webinars to help you be well and manage stress – even from home!
- Counseling and Psychological Services offers information on Self-Care, links to Self-Help Apps and Guided Meditations.
- Need a creative break? Check out a collection of downloadable coloring pages. Print, color, repeat as needed. We’d love to see your creations! Post on social media and tag us @AldenLibrary #FinalsByAlden
- ASMR for your eyes: “Take a break from the studying and rest your eyes, take a big deep breath, and let your body sink into your chair” Watch a relaxing ASMR video: Space , Art, or Fractal. What is ASMR? a feeling of well-being combined with a tingling sensation in the scalp and down the back of the neck in response to a specific gentle stimulus, often a particular sound.
- 5 minute start: Start your day with a 5 minute meditation session!
- Office Break Yoga: Step away from your computer and follow a 14 minute yoga session to stretch out your back!
- Create a relaxing Desktop Picture: Want to make cool generative art to relax your eyes, try Silk!
- Virtual Petting Zoo! We know how much you love visiting with therapy animals during finals, so we would like to share our staff’s pets with you! Follow us on Instagram @AldenLibrary to meet our staff’s furry (and not so furry) friends. We hope you will share your pets with us too, just tag us or use #FinalsByAlden.
- BobCat Wellness website offers even more information to help with health, self-care, and connecting with others.
- The Campus Involvement Center has put together a great virtual involvement page with links to games, arts & crafts, and remote events. Be sure to check it out!