OHIO Open Library
Share your work and increase your impact.
OHIO Open Library is a publicly-accessible repository providing open access and worldwide exposure to the scholarly, research, and creative works of Ohio University faculty, staff, and students. As a member of the Ohio University academic community, you are encouraged to contribute your work to OHIO Open Library for enhanced access and awareness and to expand the reputation of the university.
Who Can Submit material to OHIO Open Library?
Individuals affiliated with any Ohio University college, department, center, institute, or other campus unit can contribute content.
What Can Be Submitted?
- Open Access textbooks (examples created by OHIO faculty)
- MFA theses (examples created by OHIO students)
- Journals (example: Berita)
- University publications (example: Southeast Ohio Magazine)
- Open access journal articles
- Conference materials
- Educational materials/open educational resources
- Data sets
- Image, video, and audio files
Why Contribute to OHIO Open Library?
- Make your work openly available, enabling greater access to colleagues, students, and new audiences
- Reach an international audience through search engine optimization
- Raise the profile of Ohio University and its scholars
- Comply with granting agencies’ open access requirements
- Stable, persistent URLs (never broken links)
- All file formats accepted
- No file size restrictions
- Host/stream video without going through 3rd parties like YouTube, Vimeo, etc.
- Robust download metrics
How to Get Started?
As a service of the University Libraries, library staff are available to help you through every step of the submission request. All requests will be reviewed for compatibility with OHIO Open Library’s open access mission.
If you have university-affiliated content you would like to make more available (open access articles, university publications, datasets, multimedia, etc.), please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests.