Spring Semester 2020-21
Regional campus students in need of writing support can connect with a full-time faculty member to schedule one-on-one, remote assistance.
- Dan Kline, PhD
- Email Dr. Kline (email@example.com) to arrange a session through Zoom.
- Scott Minar, PhD
- Email Dr. Minar (firstname.lastname@example.org) to arrange a session through Zoom. Dr. Minar will be available on Wednesday and Thursday from 8:00am-12:00pm.
Peer Tutoring: Math and Writing
Students can connect with peer tutors through drop-in and individualized appointments. Peer tutoring is available from the Ohio University Chillicothe Student Success Center. The center creates and maintains a welcoming and supportive learning environment for students - at all levels of proficiency - who need academic immediate assistance. Services are free of charge for all currently enrolled OHIO students.
- Quick questions: Pop in during open hours, available through TEAMS M-TH, from 12 - 1:00 PM and 6 – 7:00 PM WRITING OPEN
- Individual appointment: Schedule an individualized appointment at WRITING APPT
- Other needs or questions: Contact Debra Nickles, OHIO Chillicothe Writing Center Director (email@example.com)
- Quick questions: Pop in during open hours, available through Microsoft Teams M-TH, from 12 - 1:00 PM and 6 – 7:00 PM MATH OPEN
- Individual appointment: Schedule an individualized appointment at MATH APPT.
- All tutors can assist with MATH D003, D004, D005, 1200, and 1300. Tutoring is also available at select times for Math 1090, 1101/1102, 1350, 2301, and 2500.
- Other needs or questions: Contact Kimber Lang, OHIO Chillicothe Math Center Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
University Tutoring Services
The Academic Achievement Center (AAC) provides online tutoring appointments that empower students to achieve independent academic success. Students meet with peer tutors to review principles, learn content-specific study strategies, and deepen knowledge in historically difficult courses across many disciplines. Similarly, students engage writing tutors to collaborate at any point during the writing process to focus ideas and polish their expression. The AAC’s services are free to students enrolled at Ohio University’s main or regional campuses.
Beginning the second week of the fall semester, online tutoring appointments are available during the following times:
- Mondays – Thursdays: 9am - 8pm
- Fridays: 9am - 5pm
- Sundays: 4pm - 8pm
For more information, the latest updates, and details on using our TutorTrac scheduling system, visit www.ohio.edu/uc/aac/tutoring-services. In addition to scheduling via TutorTrac, students can also make weekly or one-time appointments on the same-day or in advance by calling the AAC at 740-566-8888 or emailing a tutoring request to email@example.com.
If you have questions or interest in being a tutor, please contact Cindy Oliver at 740-588-1400 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Testing and Tutoring Center
Ohio University Zanesville