We are here to help with your coursework, research, and teaching needs. Contact the Alden Public Services Desk anytime.
Browse our YouTube channel and our help pages for a variety of great tips, including this quick video on linking Ohio University Libraries’ full text to Google Scholar through your Gmail account.
Get to know your Subject Librarian and contact them to:
- Suggest a library purchase
- Find a journal to submit your article
- Learn more about authors’ rights at publication
- Ask questions about finding and using information resources or data
- Integrate library materials into your syllabus
- and more . . .
- Ask your Subject Librarian for assistance with conducting a literature review, finding the full text from a citation, understanding your article publication agreement, and other research questions
- View Subject & Course Guides for recommended research resources in your discipline.
- Contact or visit the Mahn Center for Archives and Special Collections to explore a wealth of primary source materials in support of your research and creativity
- Learn about how the Libraries' can be a valuable asset for teaching and conducting systematic reviews
- Learn about research data management, including data management plans, open data, and data repositories
- Learn about using ORCID iD to identify and differentiate your publications.
- Borrow books, videos, and more from our collections and beyond (search ALICE Catalog and the OhioLINK Library Catalog)
- Access disciplinary databases from anywhere - on or off campus
- Request books and articles we do not have through Interlibrary Loan – ILLiad - it's free
Writing & Presenting Your Research
- Find theses and dissertations at Ohio University and beyond
- Learn about thesis and dissertation topics like copyright, data organization, file formats, metadata, storage, and version control from Educopia Institute.
- Save and organize your references with Zotero
- Apply, win a cash award, and present your research at the Graduate Research Series
- Use specialized software on Alden PCs and Macs in our Multimedia Center to design and analyze your research and creative work
- Put books and articles on reserve for your classes
- Add library resources to your Blackboard course
- Collaborate with a librarian to develop customized library instruction for your class
- Arrange instruction sessions for courses you teach with archives and special collections staff to provide hands-on experiences engaging with archival, manuscript, photographic, and rare book materials
Using Alden Library
- Access other floors when only the 2nd and 4th floors are open
- Reserve a study carrel, a group study room, a computer lab, or a meeting room