Dissertations & Theses
Use the resources below to find theses and dissertations. These tools can also be used to find theses or dissertations written by Ohio University students.
ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I
The ProQuest Dissertations & Theses A&I database covers well over 2 million doctoral dissertations and masters theses from around the world. The complete database includes citations going back to the year 1637. The type of coverage and availability of full text, however, varies by date:
- 1637-1980: Online database has citations only; no abstracts. Full text available (for a fee) from ProQuest.
- 1938-1980: Alden Library has a set of microfilms (on the 1st floor) which does include abstracts.
- 1981 to the present: Online database includes abstracts. Full text available (for a fee) from ProQuest.
- 1988 to the present: includes Masters theses with abstracts
- 1997 to the present:
- 24-page free previews available for most documents
- Free access to full text of ALL Ohio University theses and dissertations
OhioLINK ETD Center
The OhioLINK Electronic Theses and Dissertations Center includes citations, abstracts and in most cases full text of theses and dissertations written at member institutions since 2000. The full text of theses and dissertations is in PDF format and is freely available to anyone.
- The site also includes instructions for authors on how to create and submit their electronic thesis or dissertation.
- You can also browse ETDs by school and department by doing an Advanced Search.
- Search engine for full-text theses from more than 200 universities in more than a dozen European countries.
- An “international organization dedicated to promoting the adoption, creation, use, dissemination, and preservation of electronic theses and dissertations (ETDs).” The search engine includes millions of electronic theses and dissertations. For more information, see the main website.
- “Aims to be the best possible resource for finding open access graduate theses and dissertations published around the world.” Here is a selected list of contributing institutions.
- Provides the full text of open access dissertations and theses free of charge.
- WorldCat contains records from thousands of libraries around the world.
- Use the "Limit Results by" option to "Content: Thesis/dissertaton."