To help provide more affordable access to course readings, instructors may put textbooks and other materials on course reserves for short-term loan to students.
Place Items on Reserve for a Course
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org, including the following information:
- Course name and number
- Loan period desired: 2 hours (in-library use only), 1 day, or 1 week
- Citation or link to the item you want to place on reserve
Have an Item Scanned for Blackboard
Request through Document Express (choose the Course Reserves/Blackboard menu item in Interlibrary Loan - ILLiad).
Search the ALICE Catalog to find out what's on reserve for your course. Come to the Alden 4th Floor Service Desk to check out reserve items or get help.
Course reserves are items that your instructor has asked us to keep at the library for student use.
- Textbooks can be found at the Alden 4th Floor Service Desk.
- Scanned articles and other short readings (PDFs) can be viewed or downloaded online.
- Course reserves are meant for short-term use. Depending on the instructor's directions, items may be loaned for 2 hours, 1 day, or 1 week.