The Academic Achievement Center, located on the second floor in Alden Library, offers various tutoring assistance to help empower students toward independent academic achievement. Students can meet with someone to review principles, learn content-specific study strategies, and enhance content area knowledge. Many of our services are available at no cost to the student.
- College Study Skills Coaching – College Study Skills Coaching is a collaborative partnership between the student and the coach designed to help students recognize what it takes to reach their full academic potential and to equip them with the strategies, supportive partnership, and personal accountability necessary to achieve academic success.
- Math and Science Center (MSC) – The MSC offers 30-minute appointments, daytime drop-in, and evening walk-in hours available at NO COST for all students enrolled in many first and second-year math- and science-based courses.
- Peer Tutoring – Quality free and low-cost peer-led, student-centered tutorial services are arranged by appointment to help students build upon the knowledge gained in the classroom and become self-reliant, life-long learners.
- Student Writing Center – The Student Writing Center provides free scheduled and walk-in face-to-face appointments.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) – SI offers FREE, out of class, evening walk-in study sessions for traditionally difficult courses to guide you through class material in an environment where you are working with other students to discuss important concepts, compare notes, develop strategies for studying the subject, and test each other before you are actually tested by your professor.
Please contact the Academic Achievement Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by Alden 230 if you have any questions, comments, or concerns about the support available through our services.