The Academic Achievement Center offers academic assistance programs and services, including online tutoring, for Ohio University undergraduate students. Contact us at email@example.com or call 740.593.2644 with questions, or to request an online tutoring appointment.
- Remote tutoring is available either via TutorTrac(opens in a new window) or by calling the Academic Achievement Center at 740.593.2644. Your tutor will send you an email including a link to your tutoring appointment, which will be a Teams meeting. You and your tutor will be able to use chat, audio and/or video features, share documents, and work together on the whiteboard.
- Student Writing Center – The Student Writing Center provides free online appointments using the same tools described above.
- Supplemental Instruction (SI) – SI offers free, out-of-class, study sessions for traditionally difficult courses to guide you through class material in an environment where you are working with other students to discuss important concepts, compare notes, develop strategies for studying the subject, and test each other before you are actually tested by your professor. Most Supplemental Instruction (SI) sessions will be available via Teams during the COVID-19 response at regularly scheduled times. The SI web page will be updated daily with session days and times. At the appointed time, the SI leader will open a chat and you can join online.
- Study Skills Coaching – Study Skills Coaching is a collaborative partnership between the student and the coach designed to help students recognize what it takes to reach their full academic potential and to equip them with the strategies, supportive partnership, and personal accountability necessary to achieve academic success.
Affiliated Tutoring Centers
- Morton Math Tutoring Lab provides tutoring for all undergraduate mathematics courses on a walk-in basis.
Ohio University provides eCampus students with access to 24/7 free online tutoring support. Students have access to over 3,000 tutors that are experts in math, science, history, literature, technology, writing, and more.
Ohio University Regional Campus Tutoring Centers
- Ohio University Chillicothe Campus Student Success Center
The Student Success Center can be found adjacent to Quinn Library, in the Stevenson Center.
- Ohio University Eastern Campus Tutoring
If you need help with a paper or your math skills, come to the Writing and Math Center in the Ohio University Eastern Learning Commons. If you need help in another academic area, contact Student Services to arrange for a tutor – it’s free!
- Ohio University Lancaster Campus Jane Johnsen Center for Learning and Student Success
The Jane Johnsen Center for Learning and Student Success is a tutoring facility that features private, individual tutoring carrels, group tutoring areas, and a staff of friendly, well-trained tutors. The Center is typically open from 10 am to 5 pm Monday through Thursday while school is in session from September through May. The Center is located on the first floor of Brasee Hall in Room 105 across from the Bobcat Bistro.
Ohio University Southern Campus Tutoring
To request a tutor, come to The Student Resource Commons (or the main office at the Proctorville Center) and complete a Tutor Request Form.
- Ohio University Zanesville Campus Tutoring Center
Free tutoring for any 1000 or 2000 level class and all writing assignments is available in room 121 Monday through Thursday from 10 am to 6 pm and Friday from 9 am to 4 pm. To request tutoring, please complete a tutor request form available at the Student Success Center in Elson Hall, room 116.