Health Psychology Research
The broad purpose of research in Health Psychology is to understand reciprocal relationships between psychology and physical health. The specific focus of the Ohio University Health Psychology Group is on chronic illness including:
- Investigation of psychological and biological factors that predispose to, precipitate, or maintain illness and disability.
- Development and evaluation of psychological interventions that enhance the functioning of individuals with chronic disorders.
- Clinical Neuropsychology Research—Dr. Julie Suhr
- Clinical Psychophysiology—Dr. Christopher France
- The Body Image, Weight, and Eating Laboratory (B-WEL)—Dr. Jean Forney
- Psychosocial Processes and Health Laboratory—Dr. Peggy Zoccola
- Biological Specimen Laboratory
- Psychophysiology Training Laboratory