Registrar Banner


Summer Semester 2015-16

Spring Semester 2015-16

General Registration Information

Students New to Ohio University
Undergraduate Students - Those students who are new to the University must go through the orientation process as indicated in their admissions material. Information can be obtained by calling the Orientation Office at (740) 593-1951 or contacting your regional campus student services office.

Graduate Students
Contact your academic school or department.

Continuing Students
To register, use my OHIO Student Center (which may be accessed from My OHIO portal--Academics tab).  For questions, contact Registrar Services, first floor, Chubb Hall, or your regional campus student services office.

Graduate Students - Athens Campus
Contact your academic school or department.

Re-enrolling Students

  • If you have attended Ohio University previously and wish to return, undergraduate students should contact the Office of the University Registrar, first floor lobby, Chubb Hall, or their regional campus student services office for assistance.
  • Degree-seeking students who have fewer than 30 semester hours earned and transfer students with fewer than 60 semester hours earned will be referred to the Allen Student Help Center or their academic advisor or college student services office for advising.
  • Graduate students should contact the Graduate College, Research and Technology Center 220, for assistance.

Senior Citizens

Ohio State Law (Section 3345.27 of the Ohio Revised Code - House Bill 147 - effective March 30, 1999) permits the qualifying student to attend any state college or university without paying "tuition or matriculation" fees*. This program is available only for regular classroom undergraduate courses offered on the Athens and regional campuses and only if space is available in the class. Registration will be processed only after priority registration for other students is completed. Qualifying student is defined as "any person who is sixty years of age or older and who has resided in the state for at least one year." Under this provision, the student has two options:
  • Option A - Non-Credit
    The qualifying student who wishes to participate in classes but not for credit asks permission of the instructor to sit in on the class. The student should follow the procedures for Option A students on the Sixty Plus Program form and share the form with the instructor for information purposes as well as to show student eligibility for the program. The Office of the University Registrar will assist anyone who needs help with this.

  • Option B - For Credit
    The Option B procedures are for the qualifying student who wishes to earn credit for the tuition-free courses. The academic load under this arrangement for a given semester must be less than full-time; i.e., less than 12 hours. In addition to being a "qualified student" as described above, the student's family income must be "less than two hundred percent of the federal poverty guideline, as revised annually by the United States secretary of health and human services in accordance with Section 673 of the 'Community Services Block Grant Act,' 95 Stat. 511 (1981) 42 U.S.C.A. 9902, as amended, for a family size equal to the size of the family of the person whose income is being determined."

*Course fees, technology fees, laboratory fees, etc., are the responsibility of the student and will not be waived.

To check dates and times that registration is available refer to the registration schedule.

Degree Audit Reporting System (DARS)
A DARS report is issued by your academic dean's student services office/academic advisor prior to priority registration. This report helps in determining requirements for graduation by showing progress toward completing those requirements. Reports are also available upon request at your academic dean's student services office or regional campus student services office at other times. If you have questions concerning the DARS report, please contact your college academic dean's student services office or your regional campus student services office.

DARS reports will be available one week prior to priority registration (see processing calendar for appropriate semester). Regional campus students should contact their student services office for time and location for picking up DARS reports. Athens campus students can obtain DARS reports at the following locations:
  • Arts & Sciences
    All students must meet with their faculty advisor.  For questions, go to departmental office of student's major.  Undecided students report to assigned advisor or to the College Office of Student Affairs, Wilson Hall 104. Students in need of assistance report to the Office of Student Affairs in Wilson Hall on the College Green.
  • Business
    Office of Student Affairs, Copeland Hall 214A.
  • Communication
    School office of student's major. Non-degree students report to the college's student services office, RTVC 497.
  • Education
    Teacher Education majors obtain DARS at Student Affairs window located in the lobby of McCracken Hall.
    Human and Consumer Science Education majors obtain DARS from faculty advisor located in Grover Center.
    Recreation and Sport Pedagogy majors obtain DARS from faculty advisor located in Grover Center.
  • Engineering & Technology
    All students must meet with their faculty advisor to have their priority registration hold released.
  • Fine Arts
    School office of student's major
  • Graduate Students
    All degree-seeking graduate students contact academic school or department.
  • Health Sciences and Professions
    Health Sciences majors obtain DARS from school office, Grover W324; Nursing majors, from school office, Grover E365, or request to have it mailed; all others obtain DARS from faculty advisor.
  • Honors Tutorial
    See your director of studies.
  • Ohio Program of Intensive English
    OPIE Office, Gordy 155
  • Osteopathic Medicine
    Grosvenor Hall 014
  • Regional Campuses
    Students should contact their student services office for times and locations for picking up DARS reports.
  • University College
    Undecided first-year students, relocating students, new transfer students, and students who have earned at least 40 semester hours (60 quarter hours) must meet with University College professional advisor or primary advisor to be permitted to register for the next semester; CAP students, see advisor; others, report to Chubb Hall 140.

Priority Registration
The registration priority order is: Honors Tutorial College, graduate students, and undergraduate students (based on rank and accumulative hours earned).

Requisite Processing
You are required to meet all of the requisites for a given course. Failure to meet requisites can prevent your registration for the course or result in a drop or withdrawal for that course. Requisites are listed for each class in Course Offerings.

Some students may find that they are prevented from registering or receiving other University services because a hold has been placed on their academic record. Holds are placed when students fail to meet financial or other obligations. Students need to clear the hold with the office that placed the hold before they will be allowed to register or receive other University services.

  Tasha Hutchison revised this page on January 15, 2016. Please email comments or suggestions to

Ohio University
Athens, Ohio 45701
(740) 593-1000
All Rights Reserved