Search within:

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I update my address and/or phone number?
  • Sign in to My OHIO Student Center. In the Personal Information section your contact information will be displayed and will be available for updates.
  • Go to Registrar Services, Chubb Hall, and request a change of address. With a photo ID, the change of address can be processed while you wait. Regional campus students may contact the regional campus student services office.
  • Visit the Office of the University Registrar's Web page,, and select Forms. Select the Address Change Form. Print, complete, and sign the form and either fax (740.593.0216) or mail to the Office of the University Registrar, Chubb Hall, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701.

International students with F-1 or J-1 visa status are required to use the online address service to update addresses.

What is a hold and how do I clear it?

Some students may find that they are prevented from registering, receiving their diploma, transcript, or receiving other University services because a hold has been placed on their academic record. Holds are placed when students fail to meet financial or other obligations to the university.

To have a hold released, the student must contact the office which placed the hold and fulfill their obligation.

Alden Library Alden Library 416 740.593.2695
Bursar's Office Chubb Hall 010 740.593.4130
Chillicothe Campus Bennett Hall 740.774.7200
Eastern Campus Shannon Hall, first floor 740.695.1720
Financial Aid Office Chubb Hall 020 740.593.4141
Judiciaries Office Baker Center 349 740.593.2629
Lancaster Campus Brasee Hall 353 740.654.6711
Registrar's Office Chubb Hall 115J 740.593.4191
Southern Campus Academic Center 740.533.4600
Zanesville Campus Elson Hall 740.453.0762
How do I get a copy of my grade report?

Grades are available approximately one week after the term closing date, and you will be notified when they are available.

To view grades:

Sign in to My OHIO Student Center
  • click on "other academic... " drop-down box
  • choose "Class Schedule"
  • click 
    double arrow
How do I protect my privacy?

Students who do not want their directory/public information released to third parties or students who do not want to be listed in the Ohio University online people search must complete the Ohio University Confidentiality Status form.

It should be understood that by exercising the option for non-disclosure of directory/public information, enrollment/degree verification for employment may be performed only with a signed consent form from the student. Also, the student will not be listed in the graduation commencement program. Confidentiality status is permanent unless removed by written request from the student.

How do I calculate my grade point average?

A student's grade point average is determined by dividing the total number of grade points earned by the total number of hours of credit attempted. For example, if a student earned a C (2.0) and a B (3.0) in each of two three-hour courses, first multiply the number of hours in each course by the grade point value for that grade (3 x 2 = 6 and 3 x 3 = 9) and add the grade points for each course together to find the total number of grade points (15). Then add the number of hours attempted (3 + 3 = 6) and divide the total number of grade points by the total hours attempted (15/6 = 2.5). The student's GPA after completing the two classes would be 2.5. A student's GPA is figured only on credit hours attempted--courses for which the student receives letter grades (A-F), FN (failure, never attended), or FS (failure, stopped attending). FN and FS have the same value as an F. Grades of P (pass) and CR (credit) represent hours earned but are not used to calculate the GPA.

What is the street address for Chubb Hall?

The street address is:

74 South Court St. 
Athens OH 45701

What is the street address for Baker University Center?

The street address is:

1 Park Place 
Athens OH 45701

How do individuals update their legal name?

Students are required to provide their legal names on their applications for admission. After enrollment, students may process official name changes or corrections with the Office of the University Registrar. A change of legal name requires an official document or court order verifying the correct information at the time the request is made. One of the following documents may be submitted for verification of the legal name change:

  1. Valid passport (required for international students in non-immigrant status);
  2. Court action document;
  3. Divorce decree (the appropriate page of the decree);
  4. Marriage certificate;
  5. Valid driver's license and social security card (you must submit both and the names must match);
  6. Federal or state-issued identification card and a social security card (you must submit both and the names must match).

When only one word is provided for the legal name, the information will be stored in a system's last name field with the standardized designation of 'FNU' (first name unknown) stored in the first name field.

Documentation may be submitted by fax 740.593.0219, email, or by mail.

Faculty and Staff should contact Human Resources to update their legal names.

How long is my OHIO ID and password active?

Student and alumni accounts that have not been logged into for 18 months will be deactivated. A deactivated student/alumni account can be re-enabled by contact the IT Service Desk with 30 days of deactivation. If you do not contact the IT Service Desk within 30 days, you account will be deleted.

If you enroll in classes again after your account has been deleted, you will receive a new OHIO account with the same login as your old account.