- Transcript pick-up service is suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic.
- Same day print transcript service is suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic.
- FedEx shipping is suspended until further notice due to the COVID-19 Global Pandemic.
Transcript General Information
An Ohio University transcript is the official record of a student's enrollment at Ohio University, including all undergraduate, graduate and medical college courses and degrees. At the request of the student, the transcript may be a comprehensive record of all coursework and degrees or may be limited to 1) undergraduate coursework and all degrees, or 2) graduate coursework and all degrees, or 3) medical coursework and all degrees. Ohio University transcripts are printed on security paper with the transcript key on the back or are made available as secure PDFs with a transcript key included. Note: PDF transcripts are only available for students enrolled after Fall Quarter 1985-86 and thereafter.
Because all academic transcripts are official, an "unofficial transcript" cannot be ordered. Only when a student orders an "official transcript" (paper copy) being mailed to a US college or university for admissions purposes, can they request that an "unofficial transcript" be faxed to the admissions office to facilitate the admission process. Please note, if you have a hold on your account, preventing an "official transcript" from being sent, we cannot fax the "unofficial transcript." We will mail the official transcript to the same institution as a follow-up for verification purposes. The student must provide the fax number when making the order and include instructions to fax an "unofficial transcript."
If a PDF/electronic transcript is ordered, an "unofficial transcript" cannot be faxed to the admissions office to facilitate the admission process.
ATTENTION: Ohio University has added security features to the Third Party PDF's which PREVENT the PDF from ALTERATIONS, PRINTING, SCANNING, and UPLOADING to third party websites. The PDF can be saved to your computer. Please check with the recipient to be sure they do NOT need to print your transcript. If they do, then be sure to order a PAPER transcript. The PDF transcripts CANNOT be printed! A Third Party is defined as a recipient not chosen from the recipient table (i.e., entering address manually), this includes sending the transcript to yourself.
|Option 1 (Ordering Transcripts Online)||Order WITHOUT your OHIO ID and password|
|Order using your OHIO ID and password|
|To check your Online Order Status|
|Option 2 (Mail or fax)||Transcript Request Form [PDF]|
|College Credit Plus Transcript Request Form [PDF] (current high school students only)|
|Option 3 (In person)||Option available Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.|
(mailed within 3 business days)
(mailed same business day if order received by 2:00 p.m. Eastern
|$10.00 (plus the cost of transcript)|
|FedEx US Priority Overnight||$15.00 (plus the cost of transcript and same day service fee)|
|FedEx International Delivery||$33.00 (plus the cost of transcript)|
|Service Fee (Credentials online ordering service)||$2.35|
Ordering Transcripts Online
(Current Students and Alumni)
Through TranscriptsPlus, you are able to submit a transcript request 24 hours/day, 7 days/week.
Once logged in, you will be taken to the TranscriptsPlus website managed by Credentials Inc. This company has a contract with Ohio University to provide this service to our students and alumni.
Online ordering is available to request an official transcript be delivered in multiple ways:
- PDF NOTE: A secure PDF transcript made available to be downloaded by the recipient (only available for students enrolled after Fall Quarter 1985-86 and thereafter). The fee is $8.00 per transcript. ATTENTION: Ohio University has added security features to the Third Party PDF's which PREVENT the PDF from ALTERATIONS, PRINTING, SCANNING, and UPLOADING to third party websites. The PDF can be saved to your computer. Please check with the recipient to be sure they do NOT need to print your transcript. If they do, then be sure to order a PAPER transcript. The PDF transcripts CANNOT be printed!
- A paper transcript mailed within three (3) business day of when the fully authorized request is received. The fee is $10.00 per transcript.
- Fast service (Transcript-Now) is available for an additional fee of $10.00 per transcript. Transcript-Now service requests are processed with one (1) business day after the fully authorized request and fee payment are received, as long as the information is received by 2:00 p.m. Eastern time.
Please note: when ordering online there is an additional service charge of $2.35 per transcript, and all fees must be paid by credit card. Be assured that TranscriptsPlus uses encryption technology to keep your information secure.
Key features of this service include :
- 24/7 access. You may submit your request from anywhere with internet access, at any time.
- Faster service. Your paper transcript may be mailed as early as one (1) business day after submitting your request (instead of three (3) business days). Or you may choose to send a PDF transcript (available exclusively through online request).
- Easy address look-up. A search feature connects you to a database of many college and university mailing addresses.
- Precise addressing. You have control over what address we use to send your transcript. No more worried about an inability to read hand-written addresses.
- Status updates. Receive email or text updates on the status of your request, from receipt of the order to a notice when the transaction is complete. This includes confirmation numbers, express delivery tracking numbers, and toll-free phone assistance. if there is a problem in processing your request, you are notified via email or text (your choice).
- Exact pricing. When your request is submitted, you know the total cost of the request, and this amount will be charged to your credit card. No more worrying about delays due to incorrect payments.
Some orders may qualify for "Automatic Authorization" without your signature. To qualify, your order must meet the following criteria:
- the name on your credit card exactly matches your name as it appears on your University records and
- a combination of any two of the PID, Date of Birth, and Social Security Number, must match what is on your University records and
- you do not have attachments to accompany your transcript order (unless it is a completed attachment to accompany a request for PDF transcript).
If your order is not eligible for "Automatic Authorization," a form will be available at the end of the order process. Print, sign, and mail or fax that form and any attachments to the University Registrar (as shown on the form). Your order will be processed upon receipt of the form, unless you have requested that it be held for grade or degree posting.
ORDERING TRANSCRIPTS BY MAIL
Transcript requests are normally processed within three (3) business days after receipt of the request. To request your transcript by mail, complete, and send us your transcript request form [PDF] with payment (Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader or other PDF reader) or write a letter to us requesting your transcript.
Current or former College Credit Plus students must use the College Credit Plus Program transcript request form [PDF].
The signed request may be delivered in person or mailed to this address:
Office of the University Registrar
1 Ohio University
Chubb Hall, First Floor
Athens, OH 45701-2979
The request may also be faxed to 740.593.4184. Your signed request must include the following information or there may be a processing delay:
- Full name, typed or printed, with any former names
- PID or Social Security Number
- Date of Birth
- Dates of enrollment
- Number of transcripts requested
- Address(es) where transcript(s) should be sent (exact address, not just name and city of college)
- Your daytime telephone number and email address
- Proper payment (see Transcript Fee)
- Comprehensive transcripts will always be issued unless your request specifies undergraduate only, graduate only, or medical only.
ORDERING TRANSCRIPTS IN PERSON
To place your request in person, visit the Office of the Bursar service windows on the ground floor of Chubb Hall between 8:00 a.m. and 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday to pay for the request. You may pay for your request with cash, check, or money order (payable to Ohio University), as well as Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover credit cards. Between the hours of 4:30 p.m. and 5:00 p.m. place your request at Registrar Services, first floor lobby, Chubb Hall.
The transcript fee is $10.00 per copy for processing within three (3) business days.
Transcript-Now service is available for an additional fee of $10.00 per copy. Transcript-Now service provides you with a transcript the same day. Take your paid receipt or your transcript request (after 4:30 p.m.) to Registrar Services, first floor of Chubb Hall.
The fee for paper transcripts mailed within three (3) business days is $10.00 per transcript (plus applicable fees for online requests). The fee for a secure PDF or XML (XML is only available to undergraduate admissions office of Ohio public institutions) transcripts is $8.00 per transcript (plus applicable fees for online requests). Faster service (Transcripts-Now) is available for an additional fee of $10.00 per transcript. Transcripts-Now service requests are processed within one (1) business day after the request and fee payment are received. Payment may be made at the Office of the Bursar by cash, check or money order (payable to "Ohio University"), or by Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover credit cards. Requests/payments may also be mailed to Office of the University Registrar, Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701-2979. Credit card information must include type of card, account number, expiration date, and name as it appears on the card, and must be used for payment with faxed requests.
Transcripts are sent by first class mail, electronically to undergraduate admissions for certain colleges and universities in Ohio, or by secure PDF (if this option is chosen when ordering online). We offer FedEx Priority Overnight Delivery for $15.00. This rate is for weekday delivery only. Deliveries to international addresses $33.00. Saturday delivery is not included with these services and FedEx requires a street address and will not deliver to a PO BOX.
Certain users of transcripts, such as college admissions offices, require that transcripts be mailed directly to them and refuse hand-carried transcripts. Some users require validated envelopes, which we provide if requested initially. Any additions/changes after delivery will require a new request and fee payment.
We do NOT fax transcripts. However, if you place an order for your transcript to be sent to another college or university within the United States, we will fax an unofficial copy of your transcript to the college or university to facilitate the admissions process, along with the paper copy of your transcript.
If requested in writing, processing may be delayed until current term grades or degrees are posted, otherwise, transcripts will usually be processed within three (3) business days. Transcripts will not be processed if financial obligations ("holds") exist for the student.
To view the Ohio University transcript keys, see links below.
Transcript key [PDF] - students enrolled Fall Quarter 1985-86 and thereafter
Transcript key [PDF] - students enrolled prior to Fall Quarter 1985-86
Frequently Asked Questions regarding transcripts.
- Academic Records
- Office of the University Registrar
1 Ohio University
Chubb Hall, First Floor
Athens, OH 45701-2979