The Bobcat Combine is an 8 station event designed to mimic the tests seen at the NFL Pre-Draft Combine! Participants will be able to test their athleticism, strength, skills, and accuracy through a variety of fun stations. Participation in each station is completely optional, and you can engage in as many or as few as you desire throughout the entirety of the event. Register for the time slot of your choice below. Registration is FREE!
|Date||Start Time||End Time||Location||Cost||Registration|
|Sat February 25||2pm||3pm||Walter Fieldhouse||FREE!||REGISTER HERE!|
|Sat February 25||3pm||4pm||Walter Fieldhouse||FREE!||REGISTER HERE!|
|Sat February 25||4pm||5pm||Walter Fieldhouse||FREE!||REGISTER HERE!|
*Registration Opens January 17 and closes at 5pm on February 23!
What does the NFL Combine look like, you may be wondering?
Day of Event Details
- Please arrive to the Walter Fieldhouse at the time that you signed up to participate.
- Once all competitors for the time slot have arrived and are checked in, there will be a brief warm-up opportunity for each of the competitors and a competition rules debriefing.
- You will be scored on the first six events. The "Football Throwing" events are completely optional and are not factored into your score.
Below you will see a brief description of each of the stations for this year's 2023 Bobcat Combine, along with a link to example videos for each station.
*Videos may not exactly line up with how the event will look, but will be representative of the task(s) that you will be asked to complete for that station.
- 40-yard dash
- This event is a straight line sprint of 40 yards! It will take place on a turf field surface.
- Shuttle Run
- This drill tests lateral quickness and acceleration. You will sprint short distances and change direction between on the turf field.
- 3 Cone Drill
- This event will test how quickly you can change directions, while continuing to accelerate. It will involve turning and weaving between sets of cones on the turf field.
- Vertical Jump
- This event will test how high you can jump from a standing position.
- Broad Jump
- This event will test how far you can jump from a standing position.
- Bench Press
- For this event, you will be able to choose your weight. The standard 225 lbs is not necessary, and you can choose whatever weight you are comfortable with, but must be at least 50% of your bodyweight. We will have a spotter available for safety precautions.
- Throwing: Accuracy
- In this event, we will set up rings that participants will throw a football through at different distances.
- Throwing: Distance
- In this event, we will see how far each participant will throw a football!
Register for the Bobcat Combine!
Contact Tony Gregory, Assistant Director of Well-Being & Fitness