Aquatic Center Open Swim Hours
*Hours subject to change for University Breaks and Holidays
Summer Open Swim Hours
(Starting May 8)
|Monday-Friday||12 p.m. - 2 p.m. & 4:30 p.m. - 8 p.m.|
Pool Setup Notes
- Monday to Friday during the Noon to 2:00 pm time the pool will be set up short course (25 yards length lanes setup from North to South side of the building.)
- Monday/Wednesday/Friday 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm Evening Swim the pool will be set up short course (25 yards length lanes setup from North to South side of the building.)
- Tuesday and Thursday 4:30 pm to 8:00 pm Evening Swim the pool will be set up Long Couse (50 Meter length lanes setup from East to West sides of the building)
- Note: Aquatic Center encourages patrons to share lanes with others swimming at similar levels and speeds when possible. To share a lane, simply stay to the right of the lane when swimming. This is called circle swimming and it will allow more individuals to use the pool.
- Feel free to ask Aquatic Center staff for assistance if you have any questions.
|University & Break Schedule Open Swim||Hours*|
|May 5 - 7 (Commencement)||CLOSED|
|Memorial Day- May 29||CLOSED|
|Juneteenth- June 19||CLOSED|
- Credit, debit, check or Bobcat Cash only. No cash sales available.
- No towel service.
The OHIO Aquatic Center is an indoor Olympic size pool (50 meters x 25 yards) with two diving boards at both the 1-meter and the 3-meter levels. The pool ranges in depth from 3½ feet in the shallow end, 7 feet in most lap lanes, to 12 feet under the diving boards. There is ample space for creative programming. Trained and certified through American Red Cross and National Recreation and Parks Association certification programs, the Aquatic Center staff operate the facility and programming within the facility. In support of our mission, our student staff design a variety of programs and events for the communities we serve. As we continue to develop and grow, we welcome you to be part of the Aquatic Center and participate in a lifelong sport.
The Aquatic Center supports University programs, Academics and Athletics. Regular programming may be cancelled, and the facility closed to support these events. This calendar will be updated as event details are finalized.
Aquatic Center Facility Calendar
Lifeguard and Emergency Response Certifications
The Ohio University Aquatic Center provides American Red Cross and National Parks and Recreation training in lifeguarding and emergency response and safety skills. From education in recognizing and responding to aquatic emergencies to administration of CPR, first aid and AED, the Aquatic Center can help you earn your certifications! Learn more on our Lifeguard and Emergency Response Certifications page.