The Aquatic Center will be open for Lap Swim Only
|January 11 - January 17||Lap Swim, Monday - Friday, 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|January 18||CLOSED for MLK Day|
|January 19 - April 30||Monday - Friday: 6 - 8:30 a.m. and 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
Updated Protocol for COVID-19:
- There will be lap swim only
- Credit, debit, check or Bobcat Cash only. No cash sales available
- Check-in will occur on the pool deck. Please note there will be a separate door for entering and exiting the pool deck
- Locker rooms are open. Gender neutral locker rooms will be available on the pool deck. The showers will be offline.
- Daily Lockers will be offline. Rental lockers are available to purchase at the check-in desk.
- No towel service or resale available
- Enter the facility through the doors by Grover Center or the walkway between Bird Arena and Grover center
- Exit the facility at the doors leading Oxbow Trail
- Entrance to even and odd lanes will be on opposite sides of the pool deck
- Per University policy, masks must be worn at all service locations. Masks may be removed when you enter the water to swim. To review the Ohio University mask policy, please visit https://www.ohio.edu/policy/44-102
The Ohio University Aquatic Center provides academic, recreational and athletic opportunities for OHIO students and the surrounding communities.
The Aquatic Center is an indoor Olympic size pool (50 meters x 25 yards) with two diving boards at both the 1-meter and the 3-meter levels. The pool ranges in depth from 3½ feet in the shallow end, 7 feet in most lap lanes, to 12 feet under the diving boards. There is ample space for creative programming. Trained and certified through American Red Cross and National Recreation and Parks Association certification programs, the Aquatic Center staff operate the facility and programming within the facility. In support of our mission, our student staff design a variety of programs and events for the communities we serve. As we continue to develop and grow, we welcome you to be part of the Aquatic Center and participate in a lifelong sport.
The Aquatic Center supports University programs, Academics and Athletics. Regular programming may be cancelled, and the facility closed to support these events. This calendar will be updated as event details are finalized.
Lifeguard and Emergency Response Certifications
The Ohio University Aquatic Center provides American Red Cross and National Parks and Recreation training in lifeguarding and emergency response and safety skills. From education in recognizing and responding to aquatic emergencies to administration of CPR, first aid, and AED, the Aquatic Center can help you earn your certifications! Learn more on our Lifeguard and Emergency Response Certifications page.