Student Employment with Campus Rec
Campus Recreation focuses on student development by providing valuable training and experiences you can use after graduation and throughout your life. We work to ensure you develop skills in communication, leadership, time management and responsibility.
Our purpose at Ohio University is to provide safe and enjoyable learning and recreation opportunities. We promote these goals through the following facilities and programs: Aquatic Center, Bird Ice Arena, Golf & Tennis Center, Driving Range, Outdoor Pursuits, Ping Center, Club Sport, Intramural Sports, Well-Being and Fitness, Grounds and Maintenance, and Walter Fieldhouse.
Campus Recreation's facilities are student operated and employ over 500 undergraduate and graduate students in a variety of functions, making it one of the largest on-campus employers. Campus Recreation utilizes a tiered system of responsibility, which includes assistants, supervisors, managers and specialists. The staff also includes 11 graduate assistant positions that assist in the management of the facilities and programs.
As positions become available, they will be listed below. Instructions for applying will be provided with each posting.
If you need an accommodation or assistance to go through the onboarding materials or after you begin working, please contact Dottie Brown at email@example.com.
To do before orientation and completing paperwork:
- Complete your I-9 online
- Complete the Ohio University Leadership Endorsement Foundations Badge
- Bring ORIGINAL identification documents (no copies or pictures) to orientation. You will need one document from list A OR one document from list B AND one document from list C. Review acceptable documents [PDF]
- Documents must be original - NO photocopies!
- Bring bank account information to orientation
- Bank name and address, routing number and account number
- Know your Social Security Number for orientation (even if you do not bring your social security card)
Review before orientation and completing paperwork:
- Employees of Ohio University do not pay into Social Security. OPERS (Ohio Public Employees Retirement System) is the retirement program for all employees who work for Ohio University. When completing New Hire Paperwork, you will be asked if you would like to opt in to OPERS.
- For more information, visit the OPERS website.
- All hours should be submitted through workforce by Monday at 5 p.m. If you do not submit your hours on time, you may not get paid until the following pay period.
- My Personal Information
- This page is used to locate your W-2, pay stub and your direct deposit information. When completing paperwork, the Business Office Staff put your direct deposit information in the system, but if you need to change the information, please log into My Personal Information.
- Payroll Schedule