About Personal Training
Let the Campus Recreation's Certified Personal Trainers help you reach your well-being & fitness goals! Our trainers can help you set goals, develop an exercise program, or introduce you to exercises to take your fitness to the next level. Working with a personal trainer will help challenge and motivate you while keeping you accountable to your personalized goals. Personal training is great for students, faculty/staff, or community members of all ages and experiences.
A full fitness assessment, which includes resting heart rate and blood pressure, body fat composition, weight, and girth measurement in addition to cardio, strength, and flexibility testing is included with the purchase of all personal training session packages. Trainers take specific illnesses, injuries, and medical conditions into account when planning your personalized fitness routine.
Step 1: Request a Personal Trainer
Please complete the Personal Training Request Form so that our team can ensure you are appropriately matched with a Personal Trainer based on your goals and availability. A member of our team will follow up with you no later than 72 business hours upon submitting your request to confirm you have been matched with a Personal Trainer. Once you have been matched with a Personal Trainer, you will proceed to Step 2 below: "Purchase Personal Training."
Step 2: Purchase Personal Training
Once our team confirms with you that you are matched with a Trainer based on your request, you will then need to purchase your Personal Training package. Patrons can purchase or renew personal training packages one of three ways:
1. Online at Recshop.ohio.edu (see directions below)*
2. In person at the Ping Front Desk
3. By phone at 740-593-9901
*You must purchase your personal training sessions prior to your first meeting with the Personal Trainer.
*How to Purchase a Personal Training Package Online (Recshop)
1. Visit RecShop
2. Log into your account
- OHIO Students and Faculty/Staff: Use your OHIO ID (without the @ohio.edu) and password to login
- Community members: Select "Sign Up" in the top right corner and fill in all required fields. For the "Member Information" field, use your assigned PID number without the "P." If you do not have a PID number, please call or visit the Ping Center to complete your Personal Training Package purchase.
3. Once you are logged in, select the three lined button in the top left corner.
4. Select "Personal Training Passes"
5. Select the personal training package that you are interested in.
6. Select "Add To Cart"
7. Select "Checkout"
8. You will be directed to CashNet where you can complete the purchase of your personal training package.
We offer 4 different types of packages to choose from to meet your fitness needs! Each of our Personal Training session packages includes a one-hour fitness consultation/assessment with the Trainer who you have been matched with so they can get to know you better and learn more about your health and well-being goals.
New Year Personal Training SALE!
*Between January 8th and January 27th, take advantage of 15% OFF all 60-minute packages of 9 sessions or more !
Private Personal Training
60 Minute Packages
|9 sessions||$252 *$214 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|12 sessions||$324 *$275 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|18 sessions||$450 *$382 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|25 sessions||$575 *$488 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|30 sessions||$660 *$560 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
30 Minute Packages
Small Group Training
60 minute Packages
|9 sessions||$297 *$252 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|12 sessions||$372 *$316 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|18 sessions||$504 *$428 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|25 sessions||$700 *$595 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
|30 sessions||$825 *$702 between Jan 8 and Jan 27|
30 Minute Packages
*Groups of up to 3 participants
**The prices for each package indicated below represent the total price for the entire group. If you purchase in person, payment can be divided among participants.
All training sessions are planned at the convenience of the trainer and the client
- Sessions must be paid in full prior to the first session
- Training sessions will expire one year after purchase date if the client has not made alternate arrangements with the Well-Being & Fitness Program
- Client may request to finish any uncompleted sessions with a new trainer if the client is unsatisfied with their current trainer. Client must call (740)-593-9918 to speak with the Assistant Director of Well-Being & Fitness
- Sessions begin at the time it was scheduled, not the client's arrival time
- If the client does not show up for a scheduled session without giving a 24 hour cancellation notice, one session will be deducted from the client's package.
Contact Tony Gregory, Assistant Director of Well-Being & Fitness for assistance