1-on-1 Private Tennis Lessons are currently available. Clinics and multi-person lessons are canceled until further notice.
Tennis Lesson Guidelines and Policies for Spring 2021
We would require the following guidelines:
- All parents of minors must wear a mask in the facility and only 1 parent/guardian is permitted at time (Please note, there will be no benches or seating on the outdoor tennis courts).
- Court 5 is reserved for Pickleball only at specified times
- Instructor and players must remain a minimum of 6 feet apart at all times
- Lesson start/end times must be staggered for a minimum of 15 minutes to ensure there is no overlap in participants. Participants should not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to the start of their lessons.
- All participants must bring their own racket
- All participants must pay for the lessons at the back of the clubhouse. Masks must be worn at the service window when making payment.
- Debit/Credit/Check payments only (no cash)
- Players should stay on their side of court and avoid changing ends.
Private Tennis Lessons
Join us at the OHIO Golf & Tennis Center for private tennis lessons instructed by Head Tennis Professional Steve Gunderson.
Lesson Dates and Times
- Thursday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Friday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Saturday: 4 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Lessons outside of specified times may be available based on instructor and court availability. Lessons must be scheduled at least 48 hours in advance.
Rates Per One Hour Lesson
- Private (1 Person, Non Member): $35
- Private (1 Person, Member): $30
- Semi-Private (2 People): $20/Person
- Group (3 People): $15/Person
- Team (4 People): $12/Person
To schedule tennis lessons, please email Steve Gunderson at email@example.com
Learn To Play Tennis
Junior tennis players, join the OHIO Golf and Tennis Center for a four-week Learn to Play Tennis program! This program focuses on fundamentals and basic skills, rules of the game and tennis etiquette.
Saturdays, April 3 - 24
Outdoor Tennis Courts
- Ages 6 to 10: 9 a.m. - 10 a.m.
- Ages 11 to 14: 10:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m.
Visit recshop.ohio.edu to register!