Personal and Family Travel
Spousal or Family Travel / Expenses
Spousal travel / expenses requires a business purpose and must be pre-approved by the Planning Unit Head. This approval process will be developed by the Planning Unit Head but must provide documentation to be attached to the Concur report.
- Quick Reference Guide: How to book spousal or family travel
Booking Business and Personal Travel as one trip
When booking airline tickets combining personal and business, CBT can apply a split payment if the airline is United, Delta or American. If it is another airline, you will need to receive an exception through email@example.com to pay for the airline ticket with a personal card and be reimbursed. This exception must be requested prior to booking the airfare and reimbursement will not be processed until after travel has occurred. Please note that without a prior exception, requests for airline reimbursement may be denied.
Booking Personal Travel
You will be able to book personal travel through CBT in order to access contracted rates. You will need to enter a personal credit card for payment.
Personal Transactions in Concur
OHIO Policy #55.070 prohibits personal use of University PCards. Repeat violations may result in your card being permanently closed. Once closed, a card will not be reinstated.
If a transaction is found to be personal in nature, the following process should be followed.
- The check-box titled “Personal Expense (do not reimburse)” should be checked. The system will change the object code to 718355. Object Code 718350 is only used for disputed or fraudulent transactions or those due from a third party.
- The cardholder must refund the personal amount unless sufficient per diem or reimbursement amounts are due to the cardholder on the same report to cover the personal amount. Complete the PCard Refund Form located at https://www.ohio.edu/finance/forms. The refund must be posted to the same accounting string as the charge, using the 718355 object code. (Note that marking a transaction or portion of a transaction “personal”, converts that transaction or portion to the accounting string listed on the report header. Also note, personal purchases should not be charged to a grant account. Place the refund information in the comments section of Concur to provide an audit trail. Include the refund form and the refund deposit receipt with the other report receipts.)
- If the funds charged were operating, the refund is taken to the cashier’s office in Chubb Hall with a completed Refund Form
- If the funds charged were Foundation, the refund must be taken to the Foundation Office in WUSOC with the completed refund form.
- Once the personal amount has been refunded, scan the receipt of deposit into Concur with the report receipts.
- Submit the report for processing.
- If a processor in Finance finds a transaction marked personal and there is no deposit receipt scanned into Concur, the report will be returned to the cardholder with the notification that proof of reimbursement must be scanned into Concur prior to processing reports.
- Departments will be responsible for correcting any accounting errors on personal transactions.