Program Code: ND8924
The Superintendent Licensure Program includes a balanced approach of online and in-class instruction which is coupled with internships. The program, which can be completed in twelve months, focuses on the managerial, planning/leadership, and human relations responsibilities of district leaders. The program provides students with an opportunity to gain substantive knowledge about the operations of a school district.
- The Superintendent License Program is Nationally Recognized by the Educational Leadership Constituent Council (ELCC), which is a premier accreditation organization for Educational Administration Programs.
- The Superintendent Licensure Program is offered every other year (typically beginning in fall of odd-numbered years - e.g., 2013, 2015) via a balanced approach of on-line and in-class instruction. The program, which can be completed in twelve months, focuses on the managerial, planning/leadership, and human relations roles of district leaders.
|Superintendent Licensure Program Program of Study||Credits|
|EDAD 6810 Managing the School District||4|
|EDAD 6820, Planning District-Wide Improvement||4|
|EDAD 6830, Human Relations at the District Level||4|
|EDAD 6915, Educational Administration Internship I (Superintendency)||4|
|EDLE 6916, Educational Administration Internship II (Superintendency)||2|
- An applicant for the Superintendent License Program hopefully has completed or is soon to complete a master’s degree in education (e.g., educational administration) and has obtained or is pursuing an administrative license (e.g., a principal’s license). The program code is ND8924.
- For those individuals who have completed a master’s degree at Ohio University, a completed online application and statement of purpose form are all that are needed.
- An individual who has completed a master’s degree at another university should complete and submit:
- An official transcript from the university at which the master’s degree was obtained. The transcript should be sent directly from the university at which it was earned to Graduate College, Grosvenor Hall, 1 Ohio University, Athens, OH 45701.
- The statement of purpose.
For more information, contact:
Emmanuel Jean Francois
Patton Hall 302T