Patton College Teaching Fellows
The OHIO Center for Clinical Practice in Education seeks qualified applicants each year to serve as Professional Development School Teaching Fellow Graduate Assistants. Teaching Fellow GAs teach half-time in a PDS school while also pursuing a Master's degree in The Gladys W. and David H. Patton College of Education.
It is important to note that the Teaching Fellow Graduate Assistant position differs from the Professional Internship that Patton College students experience as a part of their licensure-seeking programs. After the submission period ends, all Teaching Fellow Graduate Assistant applications are shared with our Professional Development School partners. In partnership with the OHIO Center for Clinical Practice in Education, each school determines the number of Teaching Fellow GAs they will hire for the year and conducts interviews with potential candidates. The OHIO Center for Clinical Practice in Education extends offers to candidates on behalf of the PDS partners.
How to Apply
The 2024-2025 Teaching Fellow Graduate Assistant application is now closed. Teaching Fellow GA applications have been received and are currently being considered by our school partners. Applicants may be invited for an interview(s). Successful candidates will receive offer of award by email by March 1, or as soon thereafter as possible.
- A bachelor's degree in Early Childhood, Middle Childhood, Special Education, or Adolescent-to-Young-Adult Education, completed no later than Summer 2024
- An Ohio teaching license, effective for the 2024-2025 school year
- Admission to a master's program to begin in Summer or Fall 2024
- High commitment to teaching and student learning
- Strong leadership and collaboration skills
- Professional commitment to a PDS Partnership from mid-August through June
- Three letters of recommendation, including one from a teacher who has observed your teaching
- Minimum GPA: 3.0