A&S Student Success & Support Services
- Class Attendance
- Getting to Know your Faculty
- Goal Setting
- Improving Your Study Skills
- Learning Effective Time Management
- Raising Your GPA by Retaking Classes
- Schedule Planning
- Academic Support Services
- The Importance of Academic Advising
- What To Do When You Are in Academic Difficulties
- Writing Centers for Ohio University Students
You were admitted to Ohio University because we believe that you have the ability to succeed! The transition from high school to college or even from another college to Ohio University can often be challenging. We hope you will find these suggestions beneficial to your own strategy for success.
For most students, being academically successful requires a great deal of time and effort. You might consider it your full-time job! Learning from your mistakes (and we all make them), is a part of the educational experience. We encourage you to meet with your faculty and adviser, make use of all appropriate support services, and ask for help when you need it. Learning how to set goals, manage your time, study effectively, and use resources are skills that will serve you all through college, in graduate or professional school, in your career, and in your personal life.