A&S Study Abroad, Away & Global Opportunities
Study Abroad Programs Are Open to All Students
- Talk with Your Adviser
- Language Programs Abroad
- Student Exchange Programs
- More Arts & Sciences Programs
- News about Study Abroad in Arts & Sciences
Among the many study abroad opportunities offered by Ohio University are many programs open to all majors sponsored by the College of Arts & Sciences, listed below. For more information about study abroad opportunities, visit the Office of Global Opportunities and the Global Leadership Center.
Read more about the Kohan Family Fund Study Abroad Scholarship, which is for College of Arts & Sciences undergraduate students.
Be sure to inform your academic adviser and meet with staff in Education Abroad and the Office of Undergraduate Advising & Student Affairs in the College of Arts & Sciences to discuss your plans. For information on programs and on using your financial aid for study abroad, visit the Office of Global Opportunities in Walter International Education Center, 15 Park Place or on its website. All programs are subject to change.
- Austria (Salzburg) - German Language and Austrian Culture, spring
- China (Beijing) - Chinese Language and Culture, summer
- Ecuador (Cuenca) - Spanish Language and Culture, spring
- France (Avignon) - French Language and Culture, spring
- Italy (Florence) - Italian Language and Culture, summer
- Japan (Nagoya) - Japanese Language and Culture, fall (with option to stay longer)
- Japan (Kanazawa) - Hokuriku Language Institute, summer
- Mexico (Merida) - Spanish Language and Mexican Culture, spring
- Russia (Moscow) - Russian Language and Culture, spring
- Spain (Toledo) - Spanish Language and Culture, spring
- Austria (Salzburg) - University of Salzburg, one semester or one academic year
- Denmark (Odense) - University of Southern Denmark, fall semester or one academic year
- Germany (Leipzig) - University of Leipzig, fall semester or one academic year
- Japan (Nagoya) - Chubu University, one semester or one academic year
- Japan (Tokyo) - Musashi University, one semester or one academic year
- Wales (Swansea) - Swansea University, one semester or one academic year
- Ecuador (various locations) - Tropical Disease Workshop and Research, summer;
- France (Paris) - Women's and Gender Studies, summer;
- Istrael (various sites) - Archaeology in Israel, summer;
- Israel (Tel Aviv) - cultural and Political Intersections, summer;
- Northern Ireland (various sites) - Human Rights, Law, and Justice, summer
- Scotland (Edinburgh) - City and Environment, summer;
- Scotland (Edinburgh) - The History of Our Language: why Scotland Matters, summer;
- Various locations - Global Studies in Plant Biology, fall, spring, and summer;
- Various locations - SPIRE - the SPIN Triangle (Physics program), summer.
These programs are housed in the College of Arts & Sciences. Additional program options are available to students. All students interested in studying abroad should consult with the Office of Global Opportunities.