Ethnicity & Race Resources in the ADDRESSING Model
The university has a number of student organizations that address diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds, including:
- African Students Union
- Black Student Cultural Programming Board
- Black Student Union
- Cultural Italian American Organization
- Hip Hop Congress
- Hispanic and Latino Student Union
- National Association for the Advancement of Colored People local chapter
- Ohio University Spanish Club
- Ohio University Black Graduate Student Association
- Students Teaching About Racism in Society (STARS)
- STAND (Student Led Movement to End Mass Atrocity)
- Unified Sisters
See the list of International Student Organizations.
The university also has Multicultural Programs & Center within the Office for Diversity and Inclusion.
For those who are members of social fraternities and sororities, there is also the Multicultural Greek Council.
There are also two committees through the Office of Diversity and Inclusion that students can be part of:
- Martin Luther King Jr. Celebration Committee (Contact Stephanie Sanders, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Celebration of Diversity Committee (Contact Tyrone Carr, email@example.com)
See list of certificate programs in various international topics (link will be under the international page) that can be completed by graduate and undergraduate students.