ACE Certification Prep E-Courses
The ACE Certification prep e-courses are self-paced online courses that help you to prepare you for either the Personal Training or Group Fitness Instructor Certification exam through the American Council on Exercise.
Registration: See instructions outlined below!
Personal Training Prep E-Course
The ACE Personal Trainer Self-Study Program provides the most current, highest quality education available. You will learn the latest evidence-based exercise science fundamentals, principles of behavior change and client-centered methodologies you can apply from the start.
Group Fitness Instructor Prep E-Course
Learn scientifically-proven fundamentals of group fitness—from exercise programing and motivation techniques to music selection—to deliver high quality group fitness programming to a variety of audiences.
How To Register for the ACE Fitness Prep E-Courses
To register for the Personal Training Prep Course, follow the instructions below:
- Visit recshop.ohio.edu
- Login at the upper-right hand corner
- Sign in with your Ohio University username and password (without the @ohio.edu)
- Once you are logged in, you can either select the three lined button in the top left corner and select "Well-Being & Fitness Programs" OR you can simply click the "Well-Being & Fitness Programs" tile on the main RecShop page.
- Select the desired E-Course you wish to register for (Personal Training or Group Fitness)
- Click "Register."
- Select "Checkout."
- Enter your payment information to complete the transaction
- Send an email to the Assistant Director, Well-Being & Fitness, Tony Gregory (email@example.com) to be added to the E-Course via Blackboard.
Contact Tony Gregory, Assistant Director of Well-Being & Fitness for assistance