IT Advisory Communities
OHIO IT recognizes that it is more important than ever to engage the University community in evolving and advancing technology services. To that end, OHIO IT has instituted several IT advisory communities to discuss topics and trends related to specific IT products.
Advisory communities are an important part of the University's IT governance framework. They provide a means for participants to engage with OHIO IT, to influence decisions based on needs/experiences, and - most importantly - to inspire action to meet those needs. Advisory communities also will influence product road maps and help inform budget proposals.
Membership is open to anyone at the University. No prior experience or technical expertise is required. The only qualifications are an interest in the topic and a willingness to share ideas and listen to the ideas of others.
List of IT Advisory Communities
- Collaboration Tools - a community for those interested in tools that enable collaboration, such as email, calendar, chat, remote meetings, and storage solutions
- Device and Software Support - a community for those interested in computer support, virtual desktops, digital signage, and other devices managed by the University
- Digital Workflow - a community for those interested in automated workflows that replace manual business processes, electronic forms, and document digitization
- Learning Spaces - a community for those interested in classrooms, labs, and other spaces where learning takes place
- Research Computing - a community for those who have an interest in advancing Ohio University’s research initiatives through service offerings designed to support Principal Investigators and their corresponding data.
- Surveys - a community for those interested in supporting OHIO’s technologies for in-class surveys, research, course evaluations, and information gathering
- Teaching & Learning Technologies - a community for those interested in tools utilized for teaching and learning, such as Blackboard LMS, Panopto lecture capture, Top Hat student response system, digital course materials, and instructional technology support