ITDI Student Travel Awards
Deadline extended to March 4!
To provide students wishing to participate in ITDI-sponsored Education Abroad programs with partial financial assistance to cover travel related expenses through a competitive process.
Nature of the Award:
- Up to 10 awards will be granted during 2020
- Up to $500 will be applied towards in-country travel expenses
- This award is not based on financial need
Three separate award categories will be available
- OUHCOM Students: Students currently enrolled in Years 1 to 4 at OUHCOM or CORE Residency programs
- Ohio University students: Undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing
- Other Students: Undergraduate, graduate and Medical students from other institutions of higher education
Ecuador Tropical Disease Research and Service Learning Program
Ecuador Community and Public Health
Ecuador Nursing and Medicine
Laboratory Internship at CISeAL (Ecuador)
- Prepare an up to 2000 character essay on the topic listed below, including spaces, and paste it into the appropriate box.
- Deadline: March 4 at midnight.
- Essays will be evaluated by faculty and staff affiliated with ITDI, and scored considering grammar and punctuation, clarity of ideas, overall content and relevance to the topic.
- A decision e-mail will be emailed to the applicant two weeks after the deadline.
- Award will be contingent on actual participation in the program and cannot be used to pay for program deposits.
- Awards are not transferable and can not be deferred.
Essay Topic for the 2020 competition:
Why is an international experience important for shaping your education?
Funds for this travel award program are provided by the Infectious and Tropical Disease Institute.