ITDI Student Travel Awards
Postponed until further notice
To provide students wishing to participate in ITDI-sponsored education abroad programs with partial financial assistance to cover travel-related expenses through a competitive process.
Nature of the award:
- Up to 10 awards will be granted during 2020.
- Up to $500 will be applied toward in-country travel expenses.
- This award is not based on financial need.
Three separate award categories will be available.
- Heritage College students: Students currently enrolled in Years 1 to 4 at the Heritage College or clinical education sites
- Ohio University students: Undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing
- Other students: Undergraduate, graduate and medical students from other institutions of higher education
Ecuador Tropical Disease Research and Service Learning Program
Ecuador Community and Public Health
Ecuador Nursing and Medicine
Laboratory Internship at CISeAL (Ecuador)
- Prepare an essay of up to 2,000 characters (including spaces) on the topic listed below, and paste it into the appropriate box.
- Deadline: March 4 at midnight.
- Essays will be evaluated by faculty and staff affiliated with ITDI and scored considering grammar and punctuation, clarity of ideas, overall content and relevance to the topic.
- A decision e-mail will be emailed to the applicant two weeks after the deadline.
- Award will be contingent on actual participation in the program and cannot be used to pay for program deposits.
- Awards are not transferable and cannot be deferred.
Essay Topic for the 2020 competition:
Why is an international experience important for shaping your education?
Funds for this travel award program are provided by the Infectious and Tropical Disease Institute.