Professor William S. Romoser Student Travel Award
To provide students wishing to participate in ITDI-sponsored education abroad programs with partial financial assistance to cover travel-related expenses through a competitive process.
Nature of the award
- One $2,000 award will be granted during 2022.
Three separate award categories will be available.
- Heritage College students: Students currently enrolled in Years 1 to 4 at the Heritage College or clinical education sites
- Ohio University students: Undergraduate and graduate students in good academic standing
- Other students: Undergraduate, graduate and medical students from other institutions of higher education
Ecuador Tropical Disease Research and Service Learning Program
- Prepare an essay of up to 2,000 characters (including spaces) on the topic listed below, and paste it into the appropriate box.
- Deadline: April 15 at midnight
- Essays will be evaluated by faculty and staff affiliated with ITDI and scored considering grammar and punctuation, clarity of ideas, overall content and relevance to the topic.
- A decision e-mail will be emailed to the applicant two weeks after the deadline.
- Award will be contingent on actual participation in the program and cannot be used to pay for program deposits.
- Awards are not transferable and cannot be deferred.
Essay Topic for the 2022 competition
Study abroad experiences provide an exceptional opportunity to learn. What are your expectations (professional and/or personal) from this study abroad program in Ecuador? If you have traveled outside the U.S. before, tell us what you have learned from that experience.
Funds for this travel award program are provided by the Professor William S. Romoser Memorial Endowment for Tropical Disease Research and Training and the Infectious and Tropical Disease Institute.