Tier 1- Registration with Ohio University
Cleveland/Dublin organizations are not required to re-register with Ohio University. This registration is required for Athens organizations.
- Must register each year.
- Must comply with the Ohio University criteria for registration.
- Will be notified upon approval of the registration.
If you are forming a new organization, or if the organization was not registered last year, a copy of the organization’s constitution must accompany the registration form. If the organization has a national affiliation, you must also submit a copy of the national constitution or statement of purpose.
Campus Involvement Center
Baker Center 355 and 339
Tier 2- Registration with the Heritage College
Please note you must act in accordance to the following guidelines in order to be recognized by the Heritage College. All student organizations:
- Will complete the Heritage College Student Organization Registration form by June 3.
- Must elect new officers for the following academic year by April 1. The new and old President must attend a mandatory leadership meeting at a date and time to be announced. Treasurers attend a mandatory training meeting through Student Affairs. Advisors and other officers are encouraged to attend.
- Must have at least 10 active members (Athens only) and 5 active members (Cleveland/Dublin) including officers. Each organization must have at least 3 officers as outlined by the organization constitution. However, Nattional carters for organizations may require more than 3 officers. Active members must attend at least fifty percent of all meetings and events.
- Must have an Ohio Unviersity faculty or staff member as an advisor. Each organization is responsible for obtaining this advisor and for defining the advisor’s role beyond that described in the Advisor Section in the student organization handbook.
- Should have a mission or purpose statement consistent with the college’s mission and goals. This statement should be included on the Heritage College Student Organization Registration form.
- Should indicate the amount the organization will charge individual members for annual or bi-annual dues.
- Will register all business meeting times and locations using the online Student Event Registration form.
- Will schedule at least three (3) "events" per term, submitting the Student Event Registration form at least one week in advance of the anticipated event. Two of the three events may be meetings. The third "event" is any scheduled activity by an individual or organization with the exception of regularly scheduled business meetings. If a speaker is invited to a business meeting, the form must be completed.