Professional Development Pathways (PDP) provides tools, guidance, and learning opportunities for employees and supervisors to assist in talent development and career growth. The following is a new professional development certificate available within the PDP program:
This certificate program is designed to improve knowledge and skills associated with building, maintaining, and improving personal and professional effectiveness. More than 35 professional development courses are included, focusing on topics such as technology use, professional expertise, and individual characteristics.
- Effectively use commonly-used software within OHIO University’s work environments
- Utilize workplace effectiveness skills and techniques to increase proficiency in the employee’s field of work
- Demonstrate characteristics that contribute to personal effectiveness and self-improvement
All courses are available upon certificate launch.
- NEW – Microsoft Excel, Word, Teams, Outlook, and PowerPoint Technical Trainings
- NEW – Make the Time You Need: Get Organized
- NEW – Uncovering and Utilizing Your Talents & Skills
- NEW – Clarity & Conciseness in Business Writing
- NEW – Outwitting Your Cognitive Bias
- NEW – Contributing as a Virtual Team Member
Instructor-Led Courses (Currently Scheduling):
- NEW – Networking Skills
- NEW – Facilitation Fundamentals
- NEW – Emotional Intelligence
- NEW – Fundamentals of Communication
- DiSC Behavioral Styles and Awareness
- True Colors*
- Strengths Finder*
* True Colors and Strengths Finder sessions can be arranged through the Career and Leadership Development Center (CLDC).
This certificate was designed in collaboration with staff and faculty from across OHIO University, and features courses facilitated by individuals from the College of Medicine, University Advancement, and University Human Resources. This certificate includes a wide variety of new courses, as well as some familiar favorites.
Additional courses are being developed and will be announced as they are completed. If you have taken one or more of the existing courses in the recent past, your participation will count toward badging and certificate completion.
More information for this certificate can be found on the Certificates page.
To learn about PDP certificates, and get more information about other tools and resources available through the PDP program, go to the OHIO Professional Development Pathways website. For non-technical information about the OHIO PDP program, please contact the Employee Service Center at 740-593-1636 or email@example.com. If you have technical issues within Blackboard, please contact the IT Service Desk at 740-593-1222 and identify yourself as a Professional Development Pathways or OHIO PDP program participant.