Requests for ship to home locations are to be approved by the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer (CFAO) for your planning unit. Finance no longer approves ship to home location requests.
Human Resources has established the following guidance for ship to home locations.
- For employees that work a hybrid schedule (they spend 1 or more days per week on a physical campus location) the employee should pick up any necessary supplies and packages during their in-person day on the campus.
- For 100% remote employees that live within 60 miles of their primary campus physical location (i.e., Athens, Zanesville, Lancaster, etc.), supplies and packages should be retrieved by coming to the campus location.
- For employees that are 100% remote and live beyond the 60 mile limit, supplies and packages can be shipped with approval from the CFAO to ship to off-campus location. Such approval should be documented and saved with the transaction documentation when the transaction is processed (emails approval from the CFAO is acceptable). For additional guidance on flex workplace operational guidelines please visit https://www.ohio.edu/hr/flexwork. Questions should be directed to the HR Employee Service Center.
When you make the request to the CFAO please provide them the following information:
1. What items are being purchased
2. Who are the items being purchased for
3. What is the business necessity of the items to be shipped to a non-university location
This is necessary so that the CFAO has all the information they need to make a determination on your request and ensure that any university asset that leaves a campus location is properly tracked and recorded.
Please be aware that many of our suppliers cannot or will not ship to a non-university address for various reasons (i.e. because they carry restricted items or because the supplier technology cannot handle home addresses on a business account). All purchases must still be in compliance with policy and procedure.