Modern Languages Giving Opportunities
Thank you for your interest in supporting the Department of Modern Languages. Our funding priorities include undergraduate scholarships to assist with enrollment, and graduate student support for travel and stipend enhancements.
Below is a list of current funds you can support today with an online gift:
- Provides discretionary support for the Department of Modern Language’s current needs.
- Provides funding to be used for equipment, materials, travel, and other necessary expenses.
- Provide funding to support the Ohio Valley Foreign Language Alliance.
- Supports the teaching of Spanish at OHIO.
- Supports the teaching of French at OHIO.
- Supports the teaching of German at OHIO.
- Supports the teaching of Italian at OHIO.
Study Abroad Scholarships
- Awarded to students who participate in a study abroad program, who hold at least a 3.4 GPA.
- Provides scholarship for undergraduate students majoring in French and studying abroad in France.
- Supports students studying German abroad.
- Scholarship awarded to students who have completed one year of a foreign language, and plan to study abroad.
- Provides support to students enrolled in a study abroad program in a Spanish-speaking country.
- Endowed scholarship supporting students studying Spanish or Portuguese abroad.
- Scholarship awarded to full-time undergraduate students studying abroad in France.
Other Student Scholarships
- Scholarship awarded to students majoring in Spanish, who have at least a 3.4 grade point average.
- Scholarship awarded to an undergraduate student on the Athens campus majoring in Modern Languages.
- Scholarship awarded to full-time undergraduate students on the Athens campus majoring in Modern Languages or Economics.
- Supports full-time, undergraduate students majoring in French.
- Scholarship awarded to third- or fourth-year students majoring pursuing a teacher certification in French or Spanish.
- Provides scholarship to third- or fourth-year undergraduate students majoring or minoring in French, who have at least a 3.5 grade point average.
- Provides scholarship for full-time undergraduate students at the Athens campus who major or minor in French.
- Scholarship provided to full-time undergraduate students enrolled in the Department of Modern Languages.
- Provides support to the Assistant to the Director of the Language Resource Program.
If you have questions about giving, or if you are interested in establishing a new fund, please contact:
Director of Development