Professional Development Pathways (PDP) provides tools, guidance, and learning opportunities for employees and supervisors who want to invest in talent development and career growth. The following course is a new professional development opportunity that is now available:
Oracle Business Intelligence Reporting Fundamentals
This course reviews the dashboard pages contained on the Finance dashboard (available to all faculty and staff). Topics include:
- A review of the prompts available for selecting data
- Segment value hierarchies utilized in the dashboard prompts
- Understanding available drilldown options
- Purpose of each dashboard page and how to use the various pages most effectively
- Tips for identifying which page gets you to your information most efficiently
Participants should be familiar with Excel pivot tables and vlookups prior to participating in this course.
Estimated course length is approximately 2 hours.
Pre-requisite courses: OBI Navigation, Chart of Accounts Fundamentals
Learning Objectives: By the end of this course you will be able to:
- Explain the benefits of the Finance Dashboard
- Recognize Chart of Accounts (COA) structure and hierarchies in reporting
- Differentiate the purposes and uses of the Finance Dashboard’s pages
- Locate online help resources
This is an e-learning course, available to university faculty and staff. To register for PDP courses, please go to the on the and click the “Register” link for the desired course.
To learn about PDP certificates, and get more information about other tools and resources available through the PDP program, go to the . For non-technical information about the OHIO PDP program, please contact the Employee Service Center at 740-593-1636 or . If you have technical issues within Blackboard, please contact the IT Service Desk at 740-593-1222 and identify yourself as a Professional Development Pathways or OHIO PDP program participant.