Professional Development Pathways (PDP) provides tools, guidance, and learning opportunities for employees and supervisors who want to invest in talent development and career growth. The following courses are new professional development opportunities available within the PDP Purchasing certificate:
Distributed Journal Entries I: Preparation
This course shows users how to download and fill out an Excel Journal Entry Template. It also reviews pertinent areas of the Chart of Accounts. This course is available to everyone responsible for journal entry preparation. CFAO permission is not required for this course.
Pre-requisite: Chart of Accounts Fundamentals
- Define Distributed Journal Entry
- Understand Roles
- Identify the advantages of using Journal Entries at OHIO
- Know important Chart of Account Concepts
- Learn key terms, concepts, and determine correct Journal Category and Descriptions
- Recognize when it is appropriate to complete a Journal Entry
- Learn how to populate an Excel Journal Entry Template
- Understand Rules and Guidelines for Journal Entries
This course is an e-learning courses, available to university faculty and staff. Faculty and staff can register for PDP courses by going to the Courses page on the OHIO Professional Development Pathways website and click the “Register” link for the desired course.
To learn about PDP certificates, and get more information about other tools and resources available through the PDP program, go to the OHIO Professional Development Pathways website. For non-technical information about the OHIO PDP program, please contact the Employee Service Center at 740-593-1636 or firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have technical issues within Blackboard, please contact the IT Service Desk at 740-593-1222 and identify yourself as a Professional Development Pathways or OHIO PDP program participant.