Teacher Education Majors
|Statement on the Overuse and Misuse of Standardized Testing|
Bachelor of Science in Education (BSEd)
Teacher Education offers BSEd degrees that lead to a teaching license in the following areas:
- Early Childhood: for preschool (age 3) through grade 3
- Middle Childhood: for grades 4-9 in two content areas (language arts, math, science, and/or social studies)
- Adolescent-to-Young Adult: for grades 7-12 in one content area (language arts, math, science, or social studies)
- Intervention Specialists (Special Education): for working with students with mild-to-moderate (MM) or moderate-to-intensive (MI) educational needs in kindergarten through grade 12
- Modern Languages: for teaching French (BS6232) or Spanish (BS6235) in preschool through grade 12
Overseas Student Teaching
The Consortium for Overseas Student Teaching (COST) program offers teacher candidates the unique opportunity to live abroad for an entire semester while completing their professional internship. The program offers students professional and personal growth in ways that are increasingly important for living and teaching in the United States.
Associate of Applied Science (AAS)
Teacher Education offers an AAS degree in Child Development (program code AA1106). This degree does not lead to a teaching license.