You must have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher in an area closely related to your chosen content area (Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Science, Art, Family and Consumer Sciences, or Theater). If you do not have adequate prior coursework we will provide a list of additional required courses prior to applying.
Applications are due 4/15, so you must begin well in advance of that date. Prior to initiating your application, complete our online interest form. As indicated in the form, if possible, upload an unofficial copy of any relevant transcripts.
You also must pass the Ohio Assessment for Educators (OAE) licensure test for your content area:
- Undergraduate transcripts
- Passing OAE test results: official results preferred, but a scan of your unofficial results may be uploaded if needed
- Personal statement: 1-2 page statement on why you want to be a teacher in the subject area you've chosen
- Resume/CV: a 1-2 page document is generally appropriate
- Writing sample: a paper from a recent class or some form of professional writing
- Three letters of recommendation: these are typically from past professors/instructors, especially in your academic area, but work references, especially if you have worked with children, are also appropriate
For additional admission requirements, visit the Graduate College website.
Deadline: April 15
Return to top