Special Education Partnership
Alexander School District
What is unique about Alexander School District?
- Includes an elementary school that serves over 700 students in grades K- 6 and junior/high school that serves over 780 students in grades 7 -12
- Inclusive classroom experiences
- Services to students with a wide variety of educational needs including:
- Multiple disabilities services
- Sensory integration resources
- Enrichment opportunities for accelerated learners
Opportunities for Candidates
- Work with intervention specialists to assist in delivery specially designed instruction
- Work with intervention specialist and general education teachers in inclusive learning environments
- Develop and teach lessons that differentiate instruction for learners with a wide range of needs
- Use pre- and post-assessment data to monitor learner growth and guide selection of instructional methods.
- Experience assisting with, and creating, a variety of classroom activities
- Observe, and be mentored by, experienced mentor teachers and Ohio University clinical educators Connect theory learned in OHIO methods classes to a clinical setting
- Participate in research opportunities that can include using the Bug In The Ear (BITE) coaching technology to assist candidates when teaching.
Dr. Areej Ahmed