Ohio Rural Physician Training Pathways Group
The medical schools at NEOMED, Ohio State University, Ohio University, University of Cincinnati, and Wright State University have joined together to form the Ohio Rural Physician Training Pathways Group (RPTP). The Ohio RPTP is a collaborative effort to provide support and share best practices for educating the next generation of rural Ohio physicians.
The RTT Collaborative, which is a non-profit cooperative of rural programs in medical school and residency anchored in the Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine and the Office of Rural and Underserved Programs convened the leaders of all of the undergraduate medical education rural programs in Ohio at an Ohio Rural Pathway Summit in Dublin in 2019. The group met again in March 2020 and intends to continue meeting twice yearly and work toward developing common metrics for evaluating program outcomes.
Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Sharon Casapulla, Director, Rural and Urban Scholars Pathways
- Dawn Mollica, Administrative Director, Rural and Underserved Programs
Wright State University Boonshoft School of Medicine
Wright Rural Medical Scholars — (WRMS — Wright Rural Health Initiative and Celina campus 2012)
- Jayna Vossler, Rural Health Coordinator
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Pathways in Development
- Sharron DiMario, Director, University of Cincinnati AHEC, Developer of rural and urban pathways program
Northeast Ohio Medical University (NEOMED)
- Alex Heintzelman, Clinical Assistant Professor of Family and Community Medicine
- Mike Appleman, Director, Rural Pathway