Osteopathic Medicine for All - CME/GME
Osteopathic Medicine for All Course - Preparation for Osteopathic Recognized Programs
September 23-24, 2022
Friday, 10 am - 4 pm & Saturday, 8:30 am - 4 pm
Course locations: Heritage College Cleveland and Dublin, Ohio, campuses
This course is designed for D.O. and M.D. residents and their D.O. and M.D. faculty/preceptors in Osteopathic Recognized programs. Participants will gain knowledge to better integrate OMM/OPP into their training and improve skills in precepting and evaluating learners in applying those skills. This is an excellent faculty development opportunity that will allow participants to share their learning experiences with each other. Participants will watch pre-recorded lectures and take post-tests prior to attending the live OMM lab sessions at the Cleveland and Dublin campuses.
Participants will learn:
- Osteopathic philosophy and history
- Osteopathic medical practice
- Fundamentals of structural diagnosis
- Fundamentals of osteopathic manipulative treatment
- Treating common problems osteopathically
- Through a variety of presentations and demonstrations by Heritage College OMM faculty and guest presenters, participants will learn, practice and strengthen their OMM skills and improve their understanding of osteopathic principles and practices.
- The course will teach participants to increase the utilization of OMM/OPP in resident clinics.
- Participants will improve their skills of precepting students in OMM/OPP.
- Participants who complete the program will be better able to integrate OMM into their training along with precepting and evaluating students in applying those skills.
- Those experienced in OMM will have the opportunity to refine their skills and increase utilization, with the added benefit of group discussion regarding difficulties in practice or precepting.
- Training slots are limited, so please register early.
- Completion of 9.25 hours of pre-study materials and attendance commitment for both days of course is required.
- CME credit will be offered through OhioHealth.
Registration - OMA Course
Early Registration: Aug. 1 - 21, 2022
Clinical Education Network Partner Faculty: $450
Hospital Faculty: $500
Regular Registration: August. 22 - Sept. 12, 2022
Clinical Education Network Partner Faculty: $500
Hospital Faculty: $550
Registration fee includes: Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques, 3rd edition, lunches and refreshment breaks, presentation materials, anatomy overview and OMM Skills Labs.
To register, contact:
Administrator, Osteopathic Integration