Osteopathic Medicine for All - CME/GME
Osteopathic Medicine for All Course - Preparation for Osteopathic Recognized Programs
Nov. 5 - 6, 2021
Friday, 10 a.m. - 5 p.m & Saturday, 8:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.
Course locations: Heritage College Cleveland and Dublin, Ohio, campuses
This hybrid CME-GME course is designed for D.O. and M.D. residents in osteopathic-recognized programs and their D.O. and M.D. medical education faculty and preceptors. Participants will gain knowledge to better integrate OMM/OPP into their training and improve skills in precepting and evaluating students in applying those skills. Participants will engage with pre-recorded lectures and post-tests prior to attending the live OMM lab sessions at the Cleveland and Dublin campuses.
Participants will learn:
- Osteopathic philosophy and history
- Osteopathic medical practice
- Fundamentals of structural diagnosis
- Fundamentals of osteopathic manipulative treatment
- Treating common problems osteopathically
- Through a variety of presentations and demonstrations by Heritage College OMM faculty and guest presenters, participants will learn, practice and strengthen their OMM skills and improve their understanding of osteopathic principles and practices.
- The course will teach participants to increase the utilization of OMM/OPP in resident clinics.
- Participants will improve their skills of precepting students in OMM/OPP.
- Participants who complete the program will be better able to integrate OMM into their training along with precepting and evaluating students in applying those skills.
- Those experienced in OMM will have the opportunity to refine their skills and increase utilization, with the added benefit of group discussion regarding difficulties in practice or precepting.
- Training slots are limited, so please register early.
- Attendance commitment for both days is required.
Early-bird registration: Aug. 1 - 31, 2021
Heritage College partner faculty: $450
Regular registration: Sept. 1 - Oct. 15, 2021
Heritage College partner faculty: $500
Registration fee includes: Lunches and refreshment breaks, presentation materials, anatomy overview and OMM Skills Labs.
Course participants are encouraged to obtain the recommended textbook: Atlas of Osteopathic Techniques, 3rd edition
To register, contact:
Administrator, Osteopathic Integration