To further support the work/life balance of Ohio University staff members, the University encourages departments to offer staff members flexibility in their hours of work during the summer term. For further guidance, the departments are encouraged to refer to Policy #40.053, Flextime and Flexplace Scheduling to consider further options for Classified Staff and Policy #40.063, Flexible Work Schedule, Flexible Hours, and Flexplace for Administrators.
The Summer Hours Guidelines are as follows:
- Departments are to be open during the normal University operating hours of 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Departments with only one employee should collaborate with other departments to provide crossover coverage and ensure coverage during the University's hours of operation, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Summer hours will begin the Monday after graduation (May 6, 2019) and end on the Friday prior to the beginning of fall semester (August 23, 2019).
- Work start times may be varied and staggered within departments to maintain University hours of operation. The one-hour lunch period may be reduced to a half-hour lunch.
- Summer hours are intended to provide flexibility for staff members, but adherence to working a full shift is required.
- Summer hours may be discontinued by the department for operational reasons prior to the official end date.
Please contact the Employment office of University Human Resources (email@example.com or call 740-593-1636) with any questions regarding Summer Hours flexibility for Administrative and Classified Staff.
The University hopes that this added flexibility enhances life at work and home.