Education Public Policy Leadership Graduate Certificate Online
Program Code: CTEPPL
Changing Your World Starts Here
Ohio University's Patton College of Education, in collaboration with The Voinovich School of Leadership and Public Service, offers a one-year online Education Public Policy Leadership Certificate designed to expose participants to real-world theoretical and practical instruction and experiences in education public policy leadership studies.
Upon completion of this certificate, students will have a strong command of the public policymaking process, including policy development, analysis, implementation, evaluation, and advocacy for an education public policy passion of their choice. Participants will be equipped with knowledge and skills that will increase their employability in the public policy sphere.
Each year of online study will culminate in a networking residency in Washington, D.C. The residency is a three-day engaging experience for our students to interface, network and engage in hands-on advocacy with their peers, key professionals, and Congressional members and staff.
The residency will be an enriching experience that gives our students a thorough understanding of the workings of Congress and other policy actors, coupled with opportunities to participate in the policy process. In addition, Ohio University faculty will deliver engaging nonpartisan course sessions with guest lectures from practitioners and leaders in varied aspects of public policy. Please be aware that we will be flexible and make adjustments to our D.C. experience as needed to keep our students safe and healthy.
For More Information
Who Should Apply?
This certificate is designed for professionals who have an interest in education public policy and/or are working or aspire to work in fields such as:
- K-12 and/or higher education
- School boards
- Education professional associations
- State and federal government organizations
- Non-governmental and civic organizations
- Legislative Affairs
- Policy research
- Opportunities for a deep understanding of educational public policymaking through a fully online experience in real-world theory and practice
- No GRE is required
- Courses can serve as a springboard to graduate certificate study and possible master's or doctoral opportunities in educational leadership (6-8 credits can be applied toward an advanced degree in Education Leadership)
- Flexible online coursework connected to participants’ career fields and policy interests
- Networking opportunities with policymakers and guided hands-on advocacy experiences during the program's culminating three-day residency experience in Washington, D.C.
- Acquisition of knowledge and skills that can increase employability in the public policy sphere
- Ongoing career support from the program faculty, as well as Ohio University's Career Network
This program is not currently accepting applications.
Tuition and Fees
The total cost is approximately $600 per credit hour. The program consists of 9 credit hours of coursework spanning the year; each course is 7 weeks long.
Please check out the Bursar's Office for the complete breakdown of all costs.
View full course information in the Ohio University catalog