Evening & Weekend Campus Shuttles (CATS Late Night)
Announcement: Transportation & Parking Services is currently hiring part time student drivers to help support campus transit services. This work opportunity allows students a flexible work schedule in the evenings and weekends from 5pm-11pm Monday-Sunday. Pay is $11/hour. Apply online today.
Fall Semester service will resume Monday, August 23rd, 2021. Drivers and riders will be required to wear a face covering regardless of vaccination status.
For additional information on local ride share & taxi transit options please click here.
Free on-demand transit service for students & faculty/staff providing a safe and secure method of travel across campus.
Riders are encouraged to schedule rides in advance. Requests for on-demand service are also accepted- wait times are dependent on demand and load at time of reservation request and cannot be guaranteed.
Service Hours & Locations
- Monday-Friday: 5:30 PM - 11 PM
- Saturday-Sunday: 6:00 PM - 11 PM
CATS Late Night services designated stop locations on campus. Rides may be requested from one designated stop to another during service times. Please see below for a listing of designated stop locations.
|South Green||College Green||East Green||West Green||Union Green||Innovation Center||Ridges|
|LLC||Class Gateway||McCracken*||Richland Ave||Heritage Hall*||The Innovation Center*||Kennedy Museum*|
|Lot 54*||Memorial Auditorium*||Mill/Stewart Street||Stocker Center*||Central Food*|
|Lot 57||Upper Baker University Center*||Lower Baker University Center*|
*Locations are also designated CATS daytime shuttle stops.
Text or Call 740-593-4040 Today!
Riders are encouraged to schedule rides in advance.
Transportation & Parking Services strives to accommodate all requests in a timely fashion as demand allows. Riders will be asked to provide OHIO credentials along with pick up and drop off locations at time of request. Riders should ensure timely arrival at designated pick-up locations for ride requests - in order to ensure efficient service for requests drivers are unable to wait for riders beyond the designated pick-up time.
Rider Best Practices
As a rider there are a few things you can do to help ensure you secure a ride that best fits your needs
- Schedule your ride in advance, if possible.
- Be on time for your scheduled pickup time as some days/times may be in high demand.
- Plan in advance, provide your designated pick up & drop off location at time of ride request (reference designated stops above)
- Have your facial covering ready to ensure compliance with Federal Transit Administration requirements. Disposable masks will be provided if needed.
- Download the Doublemap App to view live bus tracking.
CATS Late Night Code of Conduct
Ohio University is committed to providing a safe and reliable transit experience to our campus community. Vehicle operators are provided training on keeping passengers, pedestrians, and motorists safe and driving protocols/best practices. Please help us in maintaining this high standard of safety by observing the following rules and riding considerations.
Onboard courtesy and safety:
- Drivers are happy to provide assistance with service-related information. However, please refrain from distracting the driver by conversing with him/her/they while driving.
- Riders should be outside, ready, and waiting at their designated pick-up location, promptly at their pickup time. To ensure we can meet campus transit needs, drivers are unable to wait for riders who are not present at their pickup time.
- TPS is responsible for determination of passenger seating configurations, riders must abide by seating preferences outlined by TPS staff (may include spaced seating arrangements, reduced passenger occupancy, restriction of front seat passengers)
- Any luggage/backpacks/purses or other personal belongings are the responsibility of the rider to load and unload. Drivers are not permitted to assist riders in any way.
- TPS is responsible for determining travel routes and driver protocols. Route changes or requests for drivers to deviate from departmental driving protocols will not be honored.
- Disruptive conduct or behavior that interferes with the operation of the transit system or with patrons or employees may result in loss of riding privileges and discontinuation of service.
- We do not permit back-to-back ride requests to ensure equal availability of time slots to all riders. Only one ride per hour is permitted.
- If a time slot change or cancellation is required, riders must do so at least one hour prior to their pickup time. If a ride is not cancelled it will be documented as a no show. Three no shows in one semester will result in suspension from service.
- All riders must abide by Ohio University's drug and alcohol policy as outlined in the following link: Ohio University Drug & Alcohol Student Policy.
Riders should review these procedures regularly to ensure compliance.