When are lots enforced and when are they open to the public?
- Dark green and purple lots are open from 5:00 PM to 7:00 AM (EST) make sure to carefully review lot signage to ensure no restrictions prior to parking
- Priority lots and reserved spaces are monitored 24/7
When are meters enforced and why?
- Meters are enforced Monday - Sunday 24/7
- Meters are enforced to ensure all persons parking on campus have space to park in desired locations
Can I leave my car overnight?
- Vehicles should not be left overnight unless you hold a permit that allows storage parking. If you find a need to leave your vehicle overnight please contact our office
What do I do if I get a citation?
- A citation is given because the vehicle/owner were not following parking procedures.
- If you feel that you've received this citation in error please contact our office.
- You can appeal your citation through your parking portal but must be paid first.
- Prior to your appeal, please call our office to see if you are eligible for a void or reduction in fees.
When am I eligible for a parking boot on my car?
Once you have met one of the criteria below you may be subject to a parking boot placed on your vehicle. Contact Customer Care directly if you have a question or concern about receiving a parking boot.
- Unpaid Citations
- Individual owes $90 in unpaid citations or a total of 3 unpaid citations of which are 10 days or older - OR-
- If citations are billed to a student account and not paid in full within 60 days - OR-
- If the individual has unpaid citations that have been sent to Collections and are still unpaid at the time of the next parking citation.
- Repeat Offender
- If your vehicle has received five (5) or more (paid or unpaid) citations within a semester for the same violation.
- Excessive Repeat Offender
- If the individual or vehicle has received ten (10) or more (paid or unpaid) citations within a semester AND has been booted at least one time for Repeat Offender.
- Lost or Stolen Permit
- The vehicle is displaying a permit that has been reported as lost or stolen.
- Altered or Fake Permit
- The individual is using a permit that has been scanned, copied, duplicated, dates modified, or using both the printed and plastic version of the same permit at one time.
- Illegal Use of a Permit
- The student is displaying a current commuter permit as well as a permit for nearby off-campus housing that is not eligible for campus parking - OR -
- Sharing a permit with another individual.