Vehicle Rental Services
University-Sponsored Travel Requests
We offer a full service fleet of rental vehicles for official university business & travel needs to accommodate OHIO departments and student organizations. Rental vehicle offerings include sedans, mini-vans, SUV's, 8-12 passenger & cargo vans. Daily, monthly & long-term lease/reservations available.
Rental Eligibility & Driver Safety:
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid US driver's license in good standing & have an active OHIO ID.
- Reservation requests may only be submitted for official university travel/business purposes. Reservations are not permitted for personal rental/travel.
- Drivers must obey all traffic laws and exercise safe driving practices when utilizing rental vehicles.
- Reservation requests should be cancelled at least 24 business hours prior to the designated pick-up time to avoid cancellation fees.
Fleet Rental Vehicle Pick-Up Checklist :
- Find Your Ride: Locate your designated parking space: found on your vehicle key tag.
- Pre-Trip Photo Documentation: take photos of all four sides of the vehicle prior to departure. E-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your reservation # in the subject line. Document any damage or defects.
- Mileage Documentation: take note of the vehicle’s pre-trip mileage and document under “Mileage Out” on your fleet rental travel sheet.
- Need to park your personal vehicle while you travel? Obtain a parking permit from the TPS Office and place on your vehicle rearview mirror in the space in which your fleet rental vehicle was parked.
- Have Additional Drivers? Any individual who drives throughout the course of the travel period must document their name and driver’s license information under the Vehicle Operator Information on the fleet rental travel sheet. Drivers must have a valid license and comply will all fleet rental policies.
Fleet Rental Vehicle Return Checklist :
- Be On Time: Please return your vehicle by the date/time indicated on your reservation to avoid travel impacts to other users and late fee penalties.
- Park Smart: return your vehicle to the designated parking space found on your vehicle key tag. If the space is occupied, park in a non-numbered space and make a note of the location on top of your fleet rental travel sheet to avoid parking penalties.
- Mileage Documentation: take note of the vehicle’s post-trip mileage and document under “Mileage In” on your fleet rental travel sheet. Failure to document beginning/ending mileage will result in mileage penalties.
- Post-Trip Photo Documentation: take photos of all four sides of the vehicle upon return. Email to email@example.com with your reservation # in the subject line. Document any damage or vehicle issues.
- Check Your Vehicle: Make sure lights are turned off and take all of your belongings with you.
- Vehicle Return: Ensure all documents including fleet rental travel sheet, Voyager gas card, and keys are secured in your fleet rental bag. Vehicles being returned Monday-Friday 7:30 AM – 4:30 PM should be dropped off in the TPS Office. For after-hours, weekend, and university observed holiday’s please use the night drop box located on the front of the TPS building near the first garage bay.
Fleet Rental Fueling Guidance:
- Voyager Fuel Cards are provided at time of rental pick-up. Cards work just like a debit card: please reference the PIN number included in your fleet rental packet, please enter the PIN number correctly to avoid card lock-out. The “Driver Number” if requested is the same as the PIN number.
- Cards are not accepted at BP stations – a list of accepted fueling locations is provided for reference in your fleet rental packet
- If you receive an error when using the card, do not attempt to swipe multiple times as this will result in the card being locked out, contact 1-800-987-6591 (number on the back of the fuel card) for assistance.
- If for any reason you must use your personal funds or purchasing card for fuel purchases, receipts must be kept. Upon vehicle return contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further instruction on reimbursement processing. Please do not leave receipts in the fleet rental packet.
Toll Payment Guidance:
- Toll fees must be paid in advance or at time of toll occurrence. Ohio University is not financially responsible for traffic, parking, or toll violations incurred in university vehicles. The responsibility for all penalties is assumed by the vehicle operator and must be reported to TPS should these occur during travel.
- Fleet vehicles are not equipped with E-Z Pass transponders. All fees must be paid when utilizing toll facilities/roads.
- Drivers are encouraged to plan their routes in advance to identify where tolls are located and pre-pay online with the respective toll agency when available.
- Toll payments can be made using purchasing cards or personal funds when operating a university fleet vehicle and are considered allowable expenses for university reimbursement. Receipts must be kept, and dates/times must correspond with travel records. Please do not leave receipts in the fleet rental packet.
Accidents & Roadside Assistance Reporting:
- In the event of an accident, insurance information and accident reporting procedures can be found in the glove compartment of our vehicle.
- For after hours EMERGENCIES, mechanical issues, or roadside assistance needs please contact the TPS After Hours Support Line at 740-566-8003 for assistance.