Vehicle Rental Services
University-Sponsored Travel Requests
We offer a full service fleet of rental vehicles for official university business & travel needs to accommodate OHIO departments and student organizations. Rental vehicle offerings include sedans, mini-vans, SUV's, 8-12 passenger & cargo vans. Daily, monthly & long-term lease/reservations available.
Be Safe Bobcats:
- Masks are required for all vehicle operators and passengers regardless of vaccination status.
- Departments should carefully consider the number of passengers traveling per vehicle in relation to university quarantining and isolation protocols. In the event of an exposure, all travelers will be required to follow Ohio's COVID 19 Protocols.
- Fleet rental vehicles are cleaned and disinfected for operator/passenger safety and comfort prior to each reservation.
Rental Eligibility & Driver Safety:
- Drivers must be at least 18 years of age, possess a valid US driver's license in good standing & have an active OHIO ID.
- Reservation requests may only be submitted for official university travel/business purposes. Reservations are not permitted for personal rental/travel.
- Drivers must obey all traffic laws and exercise safe driving practices when utilizing rental vehicles.
- Reservation requests should be cancelled at least 24 business hours prior to the designated pick-up time to avoid cancellation fees.
Personal Travel Requests
Ohio University is proud to partner with Zipcar University to provide "wheels when you want them" a rental vehicle accommodation for personal and public use. Discounts are offered to current faculty/staff & students.
In response to COVID-19 precautions service will be temporarily paused until further notice.
Campus boasts four rental vehicles located in two convenient service locations:
- Porter Hall (Parking Lot 120)
- South Green Drive (Living & Learning Center).
Visit the Zipcar website in the quick link located on the right sidebar for registration and service guideline information.