Tech Ready: Accessing Your OHIO Account, PID, Email, & Password
Setting up your OHIO account
If you are new to the University or returning after an extended absence, you will need to activate your OHIO ID.
- Ensure you create a strong password using the University's password requirements
- Many applications supported by OIT use Single Sign On (SSO). If an application does not use SSO, do not use the same password you use for your OHIO login, but we still recommend following the University password requirements.
- Enroll in Multi-factor authentication (MFA). MFA protects you against lost or stolen passwords by adding a verification step to your OHIO login using Azure MFA.
- Faculty and staff can access a password manager, which allows you to centrally manage and store multiple passwords behind one strong master password.
Finding your PID
Your PID is Ohio University's way of identifying you without needing to use a sensitive piece of information like your Social Security number.
- Access your PID by logging into the OHIO Accounts Page.
- If you are unable to access your PID from the OHIO Accounts Page try the alternate access methods listed on the What's My PID page.
Be sure to protect your PID like you would your student ID card or other identifiable information.
Accessing your OHIO email
Catmail is the official communication channel between you and members of the OHIO community. You will receive important messages regarding courses, fees, policies, and campus safety.
- Your OHIO email can be accessed from the web at catmail.ohio.edu.
- View the Catmail Setup Instructions for information on how to download the Outlook email app to your computer or mobile device to access you messages anywhere.
Ohio University strongly discourages forwarding your email to a non-University account.
- The only way to guarantee that important University-related messages actually reach you is to leave your OHIO email delivery set to your ohio.edu address and regularly check your email using Outlook, Outlook Web Application (OWA), or another compatible email client.
- If you would like to access messages from multiple accounts, we suggest forwarding your personal accounts to your OHIO email.
Using your account
Your OHIO ID and password are required to access most online services at Ohio University, such as:
- My OHIO Portal - A personalized, customizable web gateway to many OHIO online services
- My OHIO Student Center - An application used for storing, managing, and updating student information such as registration and finances
- My OHIO Success Network - An information and communications hub for students, faculty, and student support staff
- Blackboard Learn - An interactive online tool for course-related materials and interactions between students and instructors
- University Library Services - An account providing access to technology, research tools and information, and meeting spaces
- Catmail - Office 365-based email account used for students, faculty, staff, and alumni
- Workforce - application used for time and attendance tracking for student and hourly employees
Keeping your account secure
The Ohio University Information Security Office has many resources to make sure your online activities are safe and secure. Security is everyone's responsibility! Keeping your personal information safe is crucial.
- You should never share your account password with anyone, and do not reuse your password on other sites.
- If you lose your password or your account is compromised, reset your password as soon as possible.
- Follow the security tips and best practices provided by the Information Security Office.
- Make sure you follow all Information Technology policies.